Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 151
Neat print

That is a nice print. If it were "Autumn Descent," I'd take a stab at it. But, this one is nice, too.

I'm actually sitting right next to the same print as I type this.....but mine is a signed "Artist's Proof".

Just a little tidbit about this painting......from what I understand Ned Smith was actually a little sensitive about this painting because he realized too late that he made a "Mistake" in his artwork.
I believe It's referred to as "The 20 Tailfeather Gobbler". Ned accidentally added 2 too many tail feathers to the gobblers fan.

Very fair price for a great piece of collectible artwork from the greatest PA has ever known! good luck with your sale.

I wish I still had all of the Pa Game News that he graced with his artwork. I once had a lot of them. He was a gifted talent, who left us much too soon. If I remember correctly, and it's been a long time, a lot of his Game News drawings had a very subtle detail in them that you'd only notice if you really looked closely at them. Does anyone recall that?

Last edited:
I wish I still had all of the Pa Game News that he graced with his artwork. I once had a lot of them. He was a gifted talent, who left us much too soon. If I remember correctly, and it's been a long time, a lot of his Game News drawings had a very small detail in them that you'd only notice if you really looked closely at them. Does anyone recall that?
Yes, Ned Smith was an awesome artist, and he absolutely had a total love and appreciation for what he put on canvas. He painted so you could actually put yourself right into his paintings and all was good!

I wish I still had all of the Pa Game News that he graced with his artwork. I once had a lot of them. He was a gifted talent, who left us much too soon. If I remember correctly, and it's been a long time, a lot of his Game News drawings had a very subtle detail in them that you'd only notice if you really looked closely at them. Does anyone recall that?
I still have a dog-eared copy of his book (purchased through PA Game News) that has a few years' worth of his "Gone for the Day" columns. His detailed writing had a way of taking the reader along on his outdoor activities.

For WT2 -- There is a book out there of Ned Smith's Game News covers. I'm not sure how you could find it and get it, but it is available.

I don’t want to further detract from @kbobb‘s sale of his print, but while talking of Ned Smith’s wonderful prints, and those that were on the covers of the PA Game News, here is one of his prints that was on a book that I have on PA Trapping, published in 1971.

Image1

The book‘s author, Paul Failor, sent me an autographed copy of his book in 1973. Gosh, over 50 years ago! I must be getting old.

Image0

If you enjoy Ned Smith's work you should visit The Ned Smith Center where much of his original art is on display. Look it up online.
His "Gone For The Day" books are among my very favorites. He goes through the months of the year with observations on wildlife and art.

That is a nice print. If it were "Autumn Descent," I'd take a stab at it. But, this one is nice, too.

I have a matter and framed Autumn Descent that I might consider selling if you're still looking.

I have sent you a PM in what was called "Conversation." I am interested in taking a stab at buying it from you.

rich

Hi - this print has been sold.

BTW there are no PMs in my conversation box from RRT

Kbobb,

I sent the PM to GG about Autumn Descent.

Sorry for any confusion.

Back