Natural Reproduction List

sixfootfenwick

sixfootfenwick

I've noticed for a few years now, the Natural Reproduction List keeps updating about every 3-5 months.
I've been keeping up with it as I print out a hard copy, throw it in a book format in a binder and put it in the car when I go on trips. It's a good quick reference for plan Bs and Cs when you are out.

My question is, is the updating only adding streams, or has anyone noticed any deletions?

The natural reproduction list and Class A List are both potentially updated at each PFBC Quarterly meeting. For about a decade there was 99 (max # allowed) new stream added to Natural reproduction list each quarter due to surveys from the unassessed waters program.

The natural reproduction list and Class A List are both potentially updated at each PFBC Quarterly meeting. For about a decade there was 99 (max # allowed) new stream added to Natural reproduction list each quarter due to surveys from the unassessed waters program.
Are you aware of any removals?

I'm just guessing but I'm going to say zero.

I'm just guessing but I'm going to say zero.
I'm having trouble believing that since the inception of the Natural Reproduction List, we have not lost any stream reaches of wild trout.
Maybe in the time frame of the unassessed waters program we have not.

There has to be some and I'm curious if those have been ever taken off the list or if they ever have removed streams from the Natural Reproduction list.

Info from Fish and Boat Code

Chp 57.8a
"(3) A water will not be removed from the Class A Wild Trout Streams designation unless the cause leading to the reduction in the wild trout population has been clearly identified and it has been determined that the water is beyond remediation to re-establish the Class A wild trout population. Possible reasons include the following:

(i) Human caused conditions or sources of pollution prevent the attainment of a Class A wild trout fishery and cannot be remedied or will cause more environmental damage to correct than to leave in place."

Chp 57.11....
"Streams will not be removed from the list of wild trout streams in circumstances where the investigator finds evidence that their characteristics and trout populations have been changed solely or principally as a result human intervention."

Info from Fish and Boat Code

Chp 57.8a
"(3) A water will not be removed from the Class A Wild Trout Streams designation unless the cause leading to the reduction in the wild trout population has been clearly identified and it has been determined that the water is beyond remediation to re-establish the Class A wild trout population. Possible reasons include the following:

(i) Human caused conditions or sources of pollution prevent the attainment of a Class A wild trout fishery and cannot be remedied or will cause more environmental damage to correct than to leave in place."

Chp 57.11....
"Streams will not be removed from the list of wild trout streams in circumstances where the investigator finds evidence that their characteristics and trout populations have been changed solely or principally as a result human intervention."
Interesting. Thank you!

Back