Native trout and Salmon of the United States

Good question. It’s the bottom one on left in the first grouping. Might have hit some buttons since I first posted that got it out of order, sorry for the confusion. That particular fish took caddis dry on Naknek River in AK. Here’s maybe a better pic.
You mean your other right!!

The bottom left (on my screen) is a whitey, the bottom right is the grayling.

It’s not displayed like that on my phone. Sorry for the confusion

It’s not displayed like that on my phone. Sorry for the confusion
It doesn't matter. I know the difference and have caught both. Nice pictures. Now you need to catch an amago, a yamame, and a marble trout.

W ranch- Whoa, whoa, whoa!

It’s entirely difficult enough to to catch all these in the United States without going to Slovenia and Japan. Now I’m not opposed to it , would need to win the lottery first.

In a different direction, I was fascinated by a scientific paper (by Barton Warren Evermann) from with information gathered in the 1860’s to 1905 on the golden trout and its related trout. Mostly how exacting and complete records they kept. They measured the water temperatures , types and sizes of fish and postulated their origins etc. Took photos of barrier waterfalls that blocked migrating fish and very detailed drawings.

They detailed the differences in the trout from different basins and streams. Honestly, beside the dna analysis of today much of the reporting seems similar to today. Pretty neat , not to mention it details many smaller headwater streams with what trout it contained which is very useful for the native trout angler.

Back