Myrtle Beach - Who Ordered This Heat ????

jdaddy

jdaddy

Sit out here on swing of beach house. 3:30 am and sweating like fat hog. Of course I am a fat hog, so there u have it.

Have a nice salt fly rod set up. Lots o' crap in meat box.

Thoughts on where to go/what to do? Fish bass ponds? Fish inlets? Get drunk and poast on Interwebz?

Inlets, watch for the precipitous drop and the fast current.

Flail clousers at them? I gotz clousers.

Lots of brackish water in the immediate area.

But wow. Man is it hot. I don't know if I will be able to do it.

Sweat some of that weird fat off.

Clousers are awesome. But wait for the evening or morning. Or the night for the stripers and the blues, if you have them down there now. I do not know the reds.

Rumour has it the black-over-orange clouser is the bomb for the south cackalacky waters. I do not know why, but the flat fish, they eat those.

Oyster bars are big attractors of the fish, also. Oysters mean lotsa good current for the little stuff they eat, which means the circle of progressively bigger life flocks there, including the top predators.

If you wade estuaries, stay off the banks. They collapse. ALso the mud is out to suck you in and kill you. I did it once and shall not do it again.

Redfeesh!!!

Get up early and fish the inlets while the reds are still feeding. Last time I fished reds they cleared out of the inlet i was on by 7:00. Its hard without a watercraft. Sparse clousers are good in light colors.

That or grab a case, and head out to the pier with some squid and hardware. Most nights the one off of 2nd Ave has a live band playing at the bar.

Have you caught ocean fishes yet?

he's too busy catching a buzz and whining about his pool.

Back