My warm water cruzer.

S

somersetian

Almost finished with my boat. Took it out 2 times and realized what I had just wasn't going to work. No place for the dog, seats were uncomfortable and limited space. So I ripped the seats out and just started tinkering this is what I got so far.

Attachments

• CAM00081.jpg
    CAM00081.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
and this

Attachments

• CAM00082.jpg
    CAM00082.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 4
Interesting project. Looks like some improvisation to get your ideal fishin boat together. Keep us informed.

I hope I get to work on the boat today. Ill post some pics if I do, suppose to get up to 47.

Lay some carpet and she will be good to go

What kind of plywood did you use? I just picked up a 14ft jon boat, needs some new plywood on the floor, was most likely just going to get a sheet of marine ply.

I used the cheapest outdoor rated plywood from lowes, 1/2 inch. It takes literally 10 minutes to seal/stain/paint the entire floor of the boat so I have already done 2 coats of deck stain and one of paint. Marine ply is definitely the better stuff but at 100 bucks a sheet I'll seal the heck out of the cheapstuff.

I'm a carpenter and every deck I've ever tore up with outdoor carpet on it is rotted to heck and back. I wanted to stay away from that.

This looks like its gonna be it for awhile. I want to put a seat up front and mount one on the back seat but for now this will do. Only thing I might still do is rig some sort of out riggers for stability. Got my battery today so no more oaring around. I'm ready to be hitting some lakes. Funny too because I just heard today they are draining somerset lake for 2 years to rebuild the dam. It might make it a good fishery again though, that place has been a dead sea for years.

Attachments

• CAM00092.jpg
    CAM00092.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 4
If anyone is thinking of putting plywood in their boat make sure you have a trailer. I tore the lower deck out of the boat because it was just to dang heavy for one person, and I hate waiting around for a fishing buddy.

Back