my first time fly fishing saltwater

P

puner84

last weekend I went down to the Indian river inlet for some shark and ray fishing. I was out half out on the jetty. while waiting for bites I decided to grab my fly rod and give it a go. I ended catching a lot of 6 to 10 inch blues. it was so much fun catch blues on the fly.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9
Puner, first off welcome. But now you went and did it. You set your self up for possibly becoming a salt water addict.
Nice catch on the snapper blues.

GenCon

Nice job.

I was just thinking I need to get back to the salt and see what's showed up.
The fishing wasn't that good a couple weeks ago.

thank you gen, well I am already a salt addict. haha but now that I have done it on the fly. it is even worse now. I have been down to Delaware 15X this year to surf fish. last summer was just as bad. but I was hammering the blues on a clouser. I had now salt flies. I did also hook a nice size bunker, but he spit the hook as I tried to land him on the rocks.

snagged a bunker? they are filter feeders, didn't think they hit fly's. shad maybe?

that is possible. when I did see the fish, it was still 15ft away. so I was taking a guess at what is was. lol

ebroesicke wrote:
snagged a bunker? they are filter feeders, didn't think they hit fly's. shad maybe?

Yep - probably a shad.
I used to catch 'em in Indian River on flies back in the day. They can be fun.

Back