My favorite rod

I feel your pain atticus. My wife broke my favorite (my fault not hers)... my old 8'6" 5wt Clemens custom rod that I built many years ago.

So, I'm in the process of finding a "new" favorite. Guess I'll have to get a "few" to find it. :-D

I'd pick my 8 1/2' 4wt Sage RPL. However last year with all the heavy water it took a backseat to a 10' 5wt Orvis Access. Thinking, I've been using the Access more this year too.

This year my favorite rod quickly became my Fenwick ff75, 7'5", 5/6 weight. For a shorter rod, it can really bomb some casts out, and its handy on brookie streams as well.

My favorite was a 5 foot bamboo custom made for me by a guy I met on the greensprings.$35
Moved on to 40 or so rods over the years but that was my favorite.

My actual favorite is my 9'8wt TFO TICR rod. It casts a mile, and I've caught a ton of fish in many different species on it. It was my first "nice" outfit that I purchased.

My new favorite will be my Greys X-Flite 8'6" 4wt that I bought last year but haven't caught a fish on it yet. It's my dedicated dry fly rod and I get giddy when I get to cast it because it's so lightweight, casts great, and pretty darn accurate even with my casting stroke. So once it gets christened with a first fish, I'm sure it'll be my new favorite.

How bad is your rod busted? Any hope it can be fixed?

I busted an original series sage 7 1/2 ' 5 wt - it broke right above the cork grip - I stuck a piece of an old rod in there with some epoxy and it's as good as new.

Otherwise my favorite now is any 8.5' 5 wt in a moderate action like original orvis graphite, winston WT, etc.

9' 5 wt st croix legend elite. Tosses dries, meat and high sticks with ease.

9' 5 wt redington SV

My new favorite rod is this Scott 9 foot 3 wt. g series( thanx catching chrome on the info) I bought. Slower action love it! I have yet to own or feel a slow action I'd enjoy. I own two bamboos and some glass. Still looking I'll find it one day!

My favorite is probably a 4wt, just not sure exactly which one it would be of the seven I currently have. They're all so much fun to fish and cast, though could probably narrow it down to a final four. Hope I never have to make the choice...

The 7' eglass 3-4 wt that I just built from a Kettle Creek blank is easily my favorite. That moderate action can be felt all the way to handle, I'm going to do a 8' next.

my 8' 5wt Mcfarland spruce creek glass I built a few years back. the most money I ever spent on a blank, and well worth it!

Winston-WT 8.5ft 3piece 4wt.

I took my Sage in to Backwater Angler and they said since it was not broken under normal use they would not fix it or replace it for free but for $50 they will repair if possible or replace.Not bad.Ill let you know how it turns out.

Mine is my 8' orvis Clearwater II 4wt. I would love to get a Clearwater in 8'6" 2 piece 4wt, that would be the shizzz!

Phish On, the Orvis Clearwater II rod I sold you is a 8'6" rod!
Check the specks on the rod?
That rod is a 8'6" mid flex 4wt that only weighs 2.7 ozs!! The Clearwater II's were a super value rod.

for me it would be a tye between my phillipson glass rod and an 8 1/2 foot five weight bamboo.

Back