my 1st musky.

LOL yep, I'm definitely all in when it comes to Musky!

Have any of you guys picked up any Musky on topwater flies? One of my goals for the year is to land one on a surface fly. I've missed/lost a few so far. Still trying to get the timing right on the hookset. I've read that I should wait until I actually feel the weight of the fish before setting the hook. Well, the attacks on the fly I've had so far have scared the crap out of me and I'm not sure I even attempted a hookset. LMAO

ANyhow, just curious if you guys might have some hints/tips.

Jay

Still hoping for a musky on a fly...but I really never see any up here. I hooked a tiger on Lackawanna Lake a few years back while bass fishing and quickly broke him off (8lb mono tippet), but I haven't even got one in casting distance since (saw a slammer [easily 40"+] on the susky last year, but he stayed well out of casting range), definitely on the bucket list. I have a 10wt and a box of musky flies, but so far I've only got to use them on Northerns :(

Here is a 2 of my topwater flys. I had a take last night from a small one about 30in.
On this 1.
image.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

Man, those are some wild lookin flies, awesome. I have a few big popper type flies but I picked up one called a Poledancer that the fish really seem to dig. It has a walk-the-dog type action when you strip. I'm thinkin its gonna give me my best shot.

Not sure how to get a pic uploaded on this site yet. I'll try to get one on here.

Jay

Attachments

• Fly.jpg
    Fly.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
Back