Musky Nostalgia

Fredrick

Fredrick

Is it me or are people in love with the fact that muskies are in a particular area more than they are to actually going out and targeting them . I see all these musky biologist reports articles etc. posted all the time but I never see any reports of people targeting them or even success photos. Few things pain me more than people talking about something but they never follow through and do it themselves . Talk is Cheap get off you but and show me some Musky success photos .

I don’t really post them here since this is a fly fishing forum and I’ve been getting them off my spin gear and lures. Maybe next time I’ll change it up to my fly gear. Not the biggest I hooked into but it was a pretty fish. Also remember your figure 8s.

Attachments

• 2286DD43-7A09-48B6-B9D9-28AD9D64BA63.jpeg
    2286DD43-7A09-48B6-B9D9-28AD9D64BA63.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2
I've been out a couple times this year with my 10WT hoping to get a score to put on the toothy critter success thread but have not hooked up.

I'm hoping to get out this weekend for SMBs and I may pitch some big stuff. The best muskie months are coming up and if the rivers stay settled, I'll be back in the toothy game.

Fredrick wrote:
Talk is Cheap get off you but and show me some Musky success photos .

Why don't you do it?

You might find they're a bit more work than snakeheads. Come to think of it, since muskies will crush and eat snakeheads.....Hhmm, maybe I'll tie up a little weenie snakehead fly and head over to your parts and see if I can get a muskie to swallow it. :cool:

C'mon Fredrick, I dare yuh to put a muskie on the toothy critter thread. I know they're big and scary - don't be a buttercup, you can handle it.

Or better yet, check this thread after 11pm tonight....if you can handle it. I'm just giving fair warning. You need to prepare yourself.

I double dog dare yuh! :cool:

Dave_W wrote:
C'mon Fredrick, I dare yuh to put a muskie on the toothy critter thread. I know they're big and scary - don't be a buttercup, you can handle it.

Or better yet, check this thread after 11pm tonight....if you can handle it. I'm just giving fair warning. You need to prepare yourself.

I double dog dare yuh! :cool:

Still allot of cheap musky talk going on around here :lol: . I had to start my own toothy thread because I would of taken over the girly fish with teeth thread with snakeheads and Bowfin . Targeting muskys, tempting definitely not when snakeheads are bitting
D504A5DB4D8141AD81AD.jpeg

Yeah, yeah....

Moved up to 10:30 dude.

This one's gonna sting. :lol:

Musky vs. snakehead....

Whose got the teeth?!
:pint:

Attachments

• Muskie vs Snakehead.jpg
    Muskie vs Snakehead.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 7
The Snakehead [d]looks[/d] looked kind of cute.

Nice painting as usual Dave but you have just been one up"d :pint:
The Musky may get bigger but pound for pound they are no match.

snakehead-fish-eating-pike.jpg

No musky can do this

snakehead_bite.jpg

Snakehead_1251_75a.jpg

Solitariolupo wrote:
I don’t really post them here since this is a fly fishing forum and I’ve been getting them off my spin gear and lures. Maybe next time I’ll change it up to my fly gear. Not the biggest I hooked into but it was a pretty fish. Also remember your figure 8s.

Nice one thanks for posting

Fred,

I'm not even sure a northern snakehead can do that. That fish, as referenced in the pic, was bitten by a giant snakehead.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Fred,

I'm not even sure a northern snakehead can do that. That fish, as referenced in the pic, was bitten by a giant snakehead.

Key word snakehead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVIUT7eA7mc

Fredrick wrote:
salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Fred,

Key word snakehead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVIUT7eA7mc

NOW we can see why there is concern over snakeheads showing up in our streams, rivers and lakes....:-o

They are coming to get you tweed

boloto-zmeegolovov-scene-4.jpg

Back