Muddy Creek Stream Project June 16th -18th.

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings,

Muddy Creek Trout Unlimited in Souther York County expect to begin the long awaited stream projects this week. The project on Piney Hill Road at the Hemlocks in the C&R FFO area includes some rock toe and two deflectors. We plan to complete the grading and rock toe on Monday June 16th. Much of this will be done with heavy equipment. On Tuesday and Wednesday we plan to complete the log and rock deflectors upstream of Spencer Run. This will require some manual labor cutting trees, building the deflectors and rolling rocks into place.

We are looking for volunteers to help with these tasks. More help is needed on when we construct the deflectors (should be Tuesday) but help is needed all days. Work gloves and work boots with long pants are recommended.Hip waders if you plan to get in the water. We will need other volunteers on the bank as well.

We look forward to a successful project. If you have some free time please let us know when you can help. PM or email our website at muddycreektu@comcast.com

Thank you,

Maurice

Maurice,

I work 3rd shift and would be willing to help out. I just got to find the money for gas and i might come down there. Its tight right now and I dont get paid until Friday. If I can scrape up the doe towmorrow or Monday, ill let you know.

-Sal :-D

Back