Moonshine 10ft 3wt Epiphany

If you're into Euro nymphing it is a very good rod. I also have a Syndicate P2 10ft 3wt that I need to get rid of as well. Broke the tip, replaced it with a new one and fixed the broken one. That is about 2" shorter. Same price as the Moonshine. Pick up near Carlisle if possible.

Bottom line, I'm just not convinced that Euro is all that it's cracked up to be. Tight lining works for me!

I was more interested in your opinion of the moonshine rod. I have a 10ft7wt Drifter that casts amazingly.

Don't get me wrong, it is a well made rod and worth the money. Someone who Euro's would totally enjoy this rod.

Hmmmmm....🤔
With a euro rod, one is limited to nymphs only. Using a standard 9 or 10 ft. 3wt. one could easily switch over to dry flies should a hatch come off. The Syndicate will cast a dry, the Moonshine not so much. I'll keep on using the Sage X 3wt and be able to enjoy both techniques.

Both rods still available: As I said before, the Moonshine has only been used once. Both rods have two tips. Syndicate has one tip about 2" short.

With a euro rod, one is limited to nymphs only. Using a standard 9 or 10 ft. 3wt. one could easily switch over to dry flies should a hatch come off. The Syndicate will cast a dry, the Moonshine not so much. I'll keep on using the Sage X 3wt and be able to enjoy both techniques.
I use a 10ft 3wt “nymphing specific” rod with a mono rig and I fish nymphs, dries, streamers, and wets with great success. I think some of the 3wt rods however can be a bit underpowered for casting dries at a distance, and when you get to heavier streamers you may run into sloppy casting. Overall though, a solid 3 wt with a sensitive tip section and a strong fighting butt are some of, if not the most versatile rods out there IMO

Last edited:
Back