Montana and Wyoming

It is legal to carry in the park, however discharge of a firearm remains prohibited.

Fished The Madison and The Ruby rivers the last 2 days. The flows were up Madison and it was nymphing close to the banks. I fished it near Reynolds Pass and lower down below Beartrap Canyon.

The Ruby was in great shape. It is easy to wade relative to most other MT rivers. Caught a few Browns of good size in each River. The snow pack is low but the recent rains have many waters at 100% capacity. Lots of rain the last 2 weeks.

]photos from Madison and Ruby rivers [/url]

acristickid wrote:
Fished The Madison and The Ruby rivers the last 2 days. The flows were up Madison and it was nymphing close to the banks. I fished it near Reynolds Pass and lower down below Beartrap Canyon.

The Ruby was in great shape. It is easy to wade relative to most other MT rivers. Caught a few Browns of good size in each River. The snow pack is low but the recent rains have many waters at 100% capacity. Lots of rain the last 2 weeks.

Good to know. Thanks for the info, and great pics. I leave early tomorrow AM. I'm hoping to arrive sometime Thursday. I'll update when I return in July.

Thanks again to everybody who offered suggestions and info!

Safe trip my friend, tight lines and naked girls may be in your future.

pro4mance wrote:
Safe trip my friend, tight lines and naked girls may be in your future.

:-D :-D I cannot wait!

remember--if the gate is open---leave it open---if it's shut,close it..

I know several guys have trips planned and though I would post an update. Fished the upper Big Hole river yesterday downstream from Wisdom. It was great. Lots of what I guess where pmd's. My 14 and sulphers worked great. Caught a large brookie and finally able to cross off the grayling. It was exciting. The water is up but very fish able with lots of risers- didn't tie on a nymph.

I would be very excited if I was heading out west!!!

]last few phots of big hole valley[/url]

Gotta click on view all I guess. Sorry can't figure that one out. Blue Ribbons Fly Shop's board is always entertaining.

yep---did the grayling bit myself on the bighole-45yrs ago.

Things are going good right now. Flows are good on Henry's Fork and hatches are great- pmds, green drakes mid day then brown drakes at nite. Green drakes exceeded expectations.

Hit Madison today- salmon flies sell the tickets but pmds pay the bills. Flows are low on Madison. Good luck
To all fly anglers. Damn Monday for me tomorrow. Work is for suckers. henrys and madison

We'll be expecting a full report when you get back. Good luck.

Back