Monroe Co.

T

trout48

Monroe co seems to be taking a proactive stance in trout fishing they have just bought the rights to the McMicheal private parts of the stream and will open it to public fishing next spring from what I hear. Also the new fly fishing area will be expanded down thru the golf course because the township owns the golf course. It seems a shame other counties cant start to do this.

That's great news. It's good to see that there's some hope that public access doesn't have to shrink everywhere eventually. And that some public officials apparently care about it. Does anyone know if this is happening anywhere else?

Sounds like a good idea...why is it a shame. What do you mean by can't. Someone had to be first. Monroe should consider itself an example not an exception. I'm in kind of a glass half full kind of mood today.

48 - does the section of the McMichaels that Monroe County is making public include the Pohoqualine Club water?

tl
les

I have a summer house about 300 yards from the club house so that is the important water for me. It seems they were having trouble with bills or lack of membership so they sold the rights to the township. So yes it does include that water.

McMicheals Creek does not have an FFO section! It is DHALO. I heard Donny Beaver got the rights to the club water. If the county got the rights it's huge There is some nice water there. Please confirm the club name.

Excuse me Chaz you are correct it is a DHALO. I do not have a way of confirming but my neighbors tell me the county has purchased the water rights not Donny. I have heard he has bought the rights for a section of Mud run in Carbon county.

My bad again Chaz it is photoaqualine not sure of the spelling fish club at the sharp turn on rt 715.

Back