micro patterns

M

mykissdrifter

I decided I'd like to try tying traditionally larger patterns like streamers and buggers in obsenelly smaller hooks since all I have are size twelve bait and chunk hooks that's what I used since I dong have and aberdeens in that size anyone wanna give some constuctive critisism? Links will take you to a pic http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=23vnbrr&s=8

Welcome. What do you mean by "micro?" A size 14 wooly bugger is not so unusual. I fish them and tie them as much as I tie them in #8.

I know they come in 14 but beacse of hook im using they look so muchsmaller I'm tinking of using a size 18 would that defeat the purpose

#14 is about all the smaller you want to go on streamers, I would say.

There was a time where I regularly tied and used Clouser Minnows on a size 18 3xl hook.

Rather than using bucktail or synthetic fur, I used marabou which worked admirably.

When I met Bob Clouser at a show, he was amused at the one I gave him in trade for his.

IMGP1575-sized.jpg

mykissdrifter wrote:
I'm tinking of using a size 18

size 18 wooly bugger = a Griffiths gnat - the tail

Tie some and fish them. That's the only way to really know. Circle back once you've fished them for a while and let us know what the results were. Good luck!

I am sort of wondering if they make a super tiny streamer hook I know dry hooks go as small as 32 but I am not as fqmilar with streamer hook sizing plus I normally use abereens except when tying clousers

Kiss,

Allen Flyfishing has nymph/stream hooks, 2 and 3x long down to size 18.

Dale

Back