Micro jig box

Chaz you changed your post on me while I was typing.

It's the hook that rides up part, if you want to release fish, which most FFO areas are regulated, it will kill fish you intend to release.
Set hook hook goes into fishes brain, fish is dead, but may not die immediately.

Chaz wrote:
It's the hook that rides up part, if you want to release fish, which most FFO areas are regulated, it will kill fish you intend to release.
Set hook hook goes into fishes brain, fish is dead, but may not die immediately.

Lol this is fact, huh?

Please show me your scientific evidence on this subject.

This post shows how idiotic you actually are.

You're making me work for this one Chaz... I think your view shows the love and effection that you have for our quarry which is commendable. Given the location of a trouts brain to its mouth I'm having a hard time envisioning the scenario you've presented.
716830df5df6c406db15bc08e1ad3ade_zps87892dff.jpg

I took the liberty of setting up this pic for clarification of what I'm trying to say. The arrow at the hook on the left shows the angle in question. The numbers above the hook sizes is the amount of space between the bead and hook point. With the makup and configuration of a jig hook and the amount of space available to make a possible "spear" point in order to stab the brain I can't see a fully dressed fly being able to do what you fear happening. It can't go in at the proper angle to do it...
7e57ce20aa23748e1f9219c71cc4ecdb_zps70ab3a44.jpg

Disclaimer:
I do this for the clarity of all to see and decide for themselves...

Did I miss the "Polar Vortex" it really hasn't snowed much yet? JK continue

Back