Methane in North Branch Susquehanna

All drilling should topped there are people in dimock,Pa who are able to light there water on fire! i gaurantee none of you haveeen Gasland, its an HBO documentary about the natural gas drilling in Northern Pa and how these peoples water is being poisened. Its sad that former vice pres. Dick Cheney and his company Cabot oil & Gas . All the corperate CEO's care about is themselves!!!!!!!!! They do not care about the enviornment that they are destroying! When people frack the earth for natural gas there atre chemicals that are EXTREMELY toxic to the human body. Do you know what happens to those fracking Chemicals? I thought Not! Thoses fracking chemicals get dumped into a ditch and manage to acess the public water system! If you were to drink these chemicals you would die! Some of these chemicals are used to make nuclear Bombs!!!!!!! No you tell me how you can agree with DRILLING!!!!!!!

Mr. Keating, i think you are very mistaken in several of your comments above, Halliburton was Dick Cheneys company, frac fluid does not get dumped in a ditch, and a lot of the people here saw gas land. Get your facts right and enter the conversation in a sensible way. I have both attacked and defended the Marcellus industry in the past and will contiue to in the future, but I try to have my facts straight before I do as making things up causes more harm to my cause than good.

I am very concerned about the drilling, but even I saw gasland as a propaganda film. It contained much good info, but can't be taken as gospel. Please go to other sources to improve your arsenal of facts, as reds suggested.

The lawyers in PA are certainly making money off of this industry! Most companies are from out of state and have a subsidiary or another company doing the drilling so many of their employees are "hired" from PA by a PA company. Also, many companies are LLC and are taxed at the personal income rate, not the corporate rate. Taken into account, an LLC company pays a severance tax that is in the bottom third of all states according to Representative Kessler of Luzerne County. Makes bankruptcy easier should major problems develop as wells increase.

Jim Kearney

Back