Mentor Day Tomorrow

Out4Trout

Out4Trout

Anyone know of another stream that might be fishable within 30 minutes from Albrightsville. I have a young boy from our church I was gonna take out but today when I went to check Mahoning Creek and Lizard Creek they were both very blow out from all the rain.

I have a back up plan to take him to a Class A stream up here but he sure was looking forward to catching some decent trout. He is a good kid and I am teaching him to fly fish. I think he is about 10ish.

Any help would be appreciated but again, if all else fails I will still take him out just not to a stocked stream and then I will take him with me next week for the opener if Mahoning settles a bit.

Tight Lines !!

I would recommend going late in the day and as far upstream in stocked sections as possible to hit the clearing water. Also, any stream primarily draining woodlands will probably be ok with respect to water clarity.

Mentored day in my area isn't for two more weeks. I can't help you with creeks in your area.

But, if the ATWs are blown out and a Class A is fishable, why not? You might find your mentee to be happy to catch and release some lovely wild trout.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your day. Of all the mentored hunting and fishing days there are now, I think this is the one that works best for the kids and has fewer problems with unscrupulous adults than any others.

Have fun.

I have the same worry. Checked the creek I was planning to take two boys to and it was bank full at noon. I’m hopeful it keeps falling and is fishable by midday. Also hoping they don’t cancel the stocking planned for tomorrow as we wanted to help with that too.

The dads have a REAL challenge tomorrow. Good luck to the fathers who can’t wait a week.

You got a busy day ahead of you. My sons first fly fishing trip he tripped over a rock while wading and went in head first in some ice cold water.

Well, I decided to spend the morning working on his casting skills and then out to a class a here in the poconos. I will not be fishing much today and plan on getting him ready for the regional opener next Saturday. Tight Lines !!

Back