Maxcatch fly rods?

Jessed

Jessed

Anyone have/ used a maxcatch fly rod? They looked really nice for $120 or so.

I have a Maxcatch fly rod for sale cheap. In perfect condition.

I got an 8 weight streamer rod from them. Recently broke the tip section. I ordered a replacement tip for $25 from their website. Just got it yesterday. Happy with the rod and service. Also like their reels.

Anyone have/ used a maxcatch fly rod? They looked really nice for $120 or so.
There's a lot of inexpensive gear out there now. I don't know that I would buy a Maxcatch rod or real at this point in my life, but damn I wish they were around when I was in high school. The low-cost, entry level gear we had 20 years ago was pure junk compared to what can be had for the same price or less now. At that time, brands like Redington and TFO were just up and coming but their prices still couldn't touch what some of these Chinese off-brands are offerring.

I bought a MaxCatch 6 weight for giggles a couple seasons ago and was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed for Susky smallmouth.

Got my kid a reel. Called me to ask if he was supposed to put the backing on first. Thinking price point was spot on.

I had one of their Euro nymphing sticks as my first foray into that type of fishing and it served me well until I upgraded to a Syndicate Pipeline P2 Pro. Pretty darned good rod for $100 IMHO.

Yep, I recently purchased a Maxcatch Sky High 9' 4 weight for around $150 and so far, I'm VERY satisfied with it. I agree that the low-cost stuff today is often a LOT better than low-cost stuff was when I was a teenager or college kid. I'm not exactly sure what $150 in today's dollars would have purchased then, but I'm reasonably sure it wouldn't have been as nice as this rod. I freely admit that I REALLY struggled when trying to decide whether to purchase a Chinese rod or not, but after considering the totality of the situation, I swallowed hard and bought it.

Back