Marsh Creek

A

AFISHN

Fished there midday yesterday out of my boat...a bit cold for my bones..but managed to catch 25+ bluegills/sunnies on my 4 wt.

People from shore not doing that well.

I will probably fish that once a week for the next 2 months.....
if anyone wants to join me ...just PM me
Tom

nice - I hit a little pond on thursday after work and got a few sunnies in the shallows. curious - what were you getting them on and if you were using a sinking line? I'm getting a 1 wt rod early this week and can't wait to get some trout on it, but really looking forward to some bass and panfish on the UL rod.

a small orange San juan worm anda small black wooly bugger

Pardon my ignorance, but is this Marsh Creek in Adams county?

Id say no.

Chester County near the town of Eagle
Tom

never really targeted panfish with a fly rod, but wouldn't mind keeping a few to fry up sometime. It's been a few years.

Do you fish them on a sink tip or just under an indicator/retrieve with floating line? Never did much still water fishing with a fly rod with the exception of throwing big stuff for bass.

Tom,

That sounds like it could be fun. You ever chase muskies out there?

I'll PM you if I can get out there with you. Still trying to figure my fishing schedule out.

never specifically targeted Musky at Mc,but last week as i was fighting a small bluegill,what looked like a musky or large chain pickrel took a swipe at the bluegill and missed.

With all this rain ,MC may be muddied up for a few days
Tom

Here is a pic of a Marsh Creek Tiger Muskie caught this past weekend. Yeowww!

Attachments

• Marsh Creek Tiger.jpg
    Marsh Creek Tiger.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 7
afishinado wrote:

Nice, was that on the fly?

I fish Marsh Creek lake nearly every weekend if you see a 15ft Lowe 1500, come by and say howdy.

David wrote:
afishinado wrote:

Nice, was that on the fly?

David, that ain't me....wish it was. I found to pic on another site just to show what kind of fish (musky) are lurking in MCR. I believe it was caught on a lure.

Back