Marcellus Ignorance

Jack, I don't agree with you many times but post #20 is right on the money! I agree 100%

WHEW!!! TOM G..............You said something in your last post that really got me. "I'd like to believe this could be done safely , but i doubt it" or something to that effect , I think you speak for the masses with that statement , at least the masses on here or should i say the masses that enjoy Pa's outdoors. The reason i think that statement speaks for us all is the basic human tendency to trust that our elected officials , who we trusted to elect , will do the right thing for the folks who put them in there. TOMG......I don't know if you are a Dem or Rep , don't matter to me either , I like what you said , and if you were running for office i'd probably vote for you , if you turned out to prove otherwise , i'd throw you out after one term , your avatar says Greensburg , Indiana is the epicenter for these folks , from Johnstown and Greensburg we could hit Indiana with a rock. The passion you all give off NCPATrtbum , JackM , WildTT , Tom and me , when we talk about this subject , bikerfish , ryan , Mo there's a dozen of us , it's a start , let's channel that passion , When it comes to "our PA outdoors" we give "NO SECOND CHANCES" If the official we elect understands that we will not put up with it , in other words , to plaguerize TomG "I'd like to trust you as an elected official , so i'm gonna give you a chance , i doubt you will do the right thing but i wanna trust" Now mine "If you make me sorry for giving you a chance , you will get NO SECOND CHANCES"

Osprey, very well stated. Good post!

JackM wrote:
"Pennsylvania Gov.-elect Tom Corbett announced the leaders of his transition team Wednesday as he prepares to take over the governorship Jan. 18 from current Gov. Ed Rendell. Corbett named Christine Toretti, Jack Barbour and Bill Sasso as co-chairs of the transition team.

Toretti is chairman and CEO of S.W. Jack Drilling Co. in Indiana, Pa. and one of Pennsylvania's delegates to the Republican National Committee."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/11/gov-elect_tom_corbett_names_hi.html

"Leading the list of natural gas industry donors between 2001 and 2010 is S.W. Jack Drilling, Indiana, Pa., the largest privately held land-based drilling company in the U.S. with $1,002,000 in contributions."

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/546725.html

I see news reports the company (S.W. Jack Drilling Co) was liquidated in August.

One million+ of contributions tells me that the company was probably parcelled out, restructured, or sold to obscure or isolate the MShale interests.

What do you suggest the recalled news report means? Was it just a side-remark or is there some significance, assuming what you recall is true?

From what I can tell S.W. Jack Drilling Co was an old style vertical driller without the newer rigs that drill horizontally.

Yes, the company's past did not involve MS deep-well w/horizontal drilling, but based upon this brief mention in the sun gazette article previously linked, it appears that in connection with its million dollar contributions the principals going in another direction:

On May 1, it was announced that S.W. Jack Drilling would be liquidating its assets and investing in "endeavors in the energy industry and other innovative realms," according to Common Cause.

Talk about ignorance , an accident occured somewhere in Pa within a short time ago , a fishkill (trout he said) resulted , TU was being interviewed in relation to it and i can't find anything in the form of info about where or what or who or how , now THAT is ignorant , or a cover-up.

I am meeting with the Trout Unlimited Marcellus Shale Field Organizer this Wednesday and could likely find out any facts if you would be so kind as to give me a bit more information on where/when etc.

Talk about ignorance , an accident occured somewhere in Pa within a short time ago , a fishkill (trout he said) resulted , TU was being interviewed in relation to it and i can't find anything in the form of info about where or what or who or how , now THAT is ignorant , or a cover-up.

Or it did not happen and/or confused your source. There has not been any MS drilling related fish kills reported in the last few weeks. The full answer is in your other post on the matter in Stream Locations.

jdaddy............The one that occured either in Black Moshannon Forest or in Black Moshannon Creek , the one David/Missy posted on is the one that was on the Local news here way out west. I'm not sure who the TU guy was being interviewed was , i'm guessing it wasn't your friend? I'm glad TU is in this full blast , there isn't much else in the form of organizations , the Sierra Club had a rep. at the Pittsburgh protest but that's about it.

Back