Manheim PA Stream Question

SNJChef

SNJChef

Heading to Spooky Nook in 2 weeks for my daughters national hockey tourny is in Manheim pa, Usually have a lot of down time might hit a stream. Any suggestions? Not looking for specifics just a direction i should check out. Inbox me.

Thanks in advance

Chef

Donegal Creek is about 15 or 20 minutes west of there on 772. Lititz run is about 15 minutes east of there. You should be able to find out how to access these two creeks with the search function. There's info on Donegal a few post down from this one right now. It's been about 10 years since I fished Lititz run, but I think I would head to Donegal over Lititz.

For your planned location, I'd recommend Donegal as well. It's a quick jaunt there, maybe 12 minutes or so. I'm not sure which day(s) you will be in the area but iceyguides had posted about a stream cleanup on Donegal on 2/22, from 8AM to noon, so perhaps you might run into some board members, and hopefully you'll encounter a cleaner stream.

Thanks for the info! I will be up 21st till the 23rd, haven't received the schedule yet.

Donegal would be your best bet. If you need directions PM me.

Check out the snowy owls in the area. There are links on the PGC website to locations.

These guys nailed it. The two "main" LanCo limestoners are going to be your best bet. Not only are they in close proximity, but they will fish well during this relentless winter.

Chaz wrote:
Check out the snowy owls in the area. There are links on the PGC website to locations.

Snowy owl spot burn..

There are indeed a number of snowy owls around the county, drawing a number of bird gawkers. There is also a large gathering of bald eagles below the Safe Harbor Dam. I was at a birthday party for a niece on Sunday and was looking out the living room window and saw a bald eagle fly over about 15 yards off the ground. He was headed towards the river.

Got my daughters schedule so looks like I will be fishing, Friday 21st afternoon until 5ish. Saturday 22nd free until 11:00, and Sunday 23rd can fish after 1pm. If anyone will be out send me a PM maybe we can meet on the stream.

SNJCHEF

Back