man I gotta give it to st croix! my day just got a lot better.

D

DJBerg

So this weekend while out bass fishing I shut the base of my tip section in the door of my truck. Now I know thats obviously a non warrenty issue, then to top that off, this is my 15' 10/11 spey I reworked into a 10' 12wt single hander. So there is no way i could send it back and get a "replacement model".

So I called just to see if there was a cold shot in hell if they still had a tip section available for that rod. And sure as #censor# they did!!!! $30 shipped!!!! "My day just got sooo much better!!!

Awesome story of some great customer service, but why were you using a 12wt for bass?lol

Ease of chucking double hook patterns, the main use of the rod is muskie chasin, but with the "smaller" flies you get the head out past the tip a few really good few hauls and that fly is 80' away! Sad part is the line on it is a 510gr full sinker I picked up on clearance, is a cold weather line so with all that line flying out it likes to knot up on its way out of the guides. But it makes you feel like a pro caster, though gives the old shoulder a work out!

Thanks, this gave me the push I needed to order a new tip from St Croix for my 6 weight that has been six inches short for several years now.

Back