Making th best of things

V

Van_Cleaver

Out moving stuff to my recently purchased home yesterday and saw the chance to sneak in some fishing. Still living in another home so it's getting tough to keep track of where things are. Drove to the West Branch of the Brandywine and found a beautiful spot though right by the road. Started to gear up and realized I had everything but my waders. Crap! Still waiting to hear from my wife about going to the movies, so jumped in the truck and went up the road to Chambers Lake. I had never fished it before, and of course didn't have the right rod or flies for the situation. Stretched out the line and explored around the edges a bit; weather was cloudy and cool. I was chucking a yellow cone head Wooly Worm letting it sink and stripping it erratically. Just about the time I was thinking nothing would hit, I caught a spunky ten in. largemouth. Shortly after, hooked and lost another fish, likely a small bass. Even though things didn't go as planned I got to fish, and did some exploring as well. Looking forward to spring fishing for pan fish at the lake, and of course fleecing the pocket water of the creek.

Nice! Some of my best discoveries were on days when fishing was "impossible".....

Never give up!

Back