Mainstem Delaware

I will now imagine you as a cross between a soccer hooligan and Austin Powers. Btw, little off topic, but where do you reside when you are not abroad?

not far from Wilmington. ;-)

"not far from Wilmington"

Geebee, I can see it and this may scare you but we may establish something of the "the accent” - lower Delaware subdivision corps of unorthodox unanimity reps with regulations and diversions flows of upper crust Wilmington intergovernmental fishing accomplishment or something, :)
Shane Bro: I’m very “religious” but don’t take me home with your kids when I’m coursing,(this not happened very often).

Trou are seen all the time on cameras at the Art Museum Dam on the Schuylkill R. I would doubt there are some in the D below the Gap, I here stories about them all the time.
Edit: And you may use big flies and not worry about Tim M's ethics committee beating you up:)

I'm a Warren Co NJ native and large browns are caught through this section of river down to Reigelsville - although I would say most are by a few anglers that really focus on it. Even then, it is never a numbers game. The tricks seem to be looking around trib mouths in the fall for spawners and finding spring holes in the summer. The summer tactic is to wet wade in areas where limestone meets the Precambrian gneisses and find the cold spots. Delaware River summer temps get into the 80s, so you really need to find the cold water refuges. Then fish these at night and hang on. Not sure if these are sea run fish, but it gives you a shot at a 2ft+ brown. Shad fishermen ocassionally hook a big brown in the spring, but these are by luck IMHO. I've seen the most browns caught while shad fishing the Walpack Bend, but then the Flatbrook comes in on on side and the Bushkill on the other. The people I'm aware of who target the big browns spend more time scouting than fishing. It's more hunting for big fish rather than fishing hard and you earn every fish. One exception was a guy who lived next to a spawning trib (like 50 feet away) and just looked in on his way to work each day - but most of us aren't in that position.

just to add to the contraversy :)
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsVnplmcG0

That video is how it is when I fish the Delaware. One minute you think you've got a smallie and then you realize it's a nice trout or striper. I just checked my old computer for the pic that I've got of a very large brookie that was caught near Raubsville. If I can figure out how to photoshop the crankbait out of it's lip, I'll post it

Back