Lump in my throat and tear in my eye.

WildTigerTrout

WildTigerTrout

I came home today to a message on my answering machine from my cousin. She had placed her brothers one and only fly rod on my front porch. She and her sister-law were cleaning out my cousins belongings and came across his flyrod. His wife wanted me to have it because she knew I would take care of it and Lee and I flyfished together after his retirement. He bought the rod , a Loomis GL2 9' 5 wt. soon after his retirement. He was a newbie to flyfishing but loved it and we shared some good days on Big Pine Creek camping and fishing with several other good friends. What a great time we had. Sadly Lee died after a long fight with cancer several years ago. He was exposed to agent orange during his tour of duty in Vietnam and I will always believe that's what caused his cancer. He was a great American and won a Bronze Star with V device in Vietnam. I miss him and his horrible casting. I plan to keep his memory alive everytime I fish with his flyrod. Thank you all for reading. WTT

That's a good story.

When my elderly neighbor, who took me fly fishing as a kid, realized he was too old to fish, he gave me his fly tying book.

:-(

Thanks for sharing.

I have some lures in my tackle box that my Grandfather purchased and used taking me and my brother fishing and I always flashback to memories of those times when I or my brother use one.

WTT - Your family has made a habit of being great Americans. Yourself included.

Always know you can call me anytime you need to talk. As we've demonstrated in the past, we can manage to talk for hours.....

Take care my friend, and catch a fish real soon with that rod.

H.A.

My father gave me his bamboo rod, and every time I fish it or look at it, I always think of him. He was a Marine fighting in the South Pacific during WWII. The man I looked up to all my life, I could never fill his shoes. Think of your cousin with the memory of good times when you fish with his rod.

Sorry for your loss lost my partner my son 5 years ago at 39 named a rock he always stood on chads rock on the main stem at Knights at our camp 5 years ago Tuesday he passed

Great story and great rod to keep on building memories.

Great story. When my grandfather passed years ago, I inherited his tackle box and most of his fishing gear. I never brought myself to using anything from the box though, for fear of losing a lure. It remains exactly as it did when he passed. I was very fortunate that both of my grandfathers took me fishing when I was a kid. Every time I step onto a stream I think of them.

Great story. never forget.

I want to thank all you fellas for your remarks and kind comments. Lee is really missed. WTT

to me this is what fishing is all about, being able to pass things on to the next generation and giving yourself time on the water to reflect and clear your mind. I like to believe that the former owners of things handed down retains a small piece of that person and allows the new owner to always feel that person is watching from above hooting and hollering at all the fish fights won and lost.

Keep taking that rod out and keep us posted on how you do

Makee wrote:
to me this is what fishing is all about, being able to pass things on to the next generation and giving yourself time on the water to reflect and clear your mind. I like to believe that the former owners of things handed down retains a small piece of that person and allows the new owner to always feel that person is watching from above hooting and hollering at all the fish fights won and lost.

Keep taking that rod out and keep us posted on how you do
I will do that. Thanks WTT

Nice story and sorry for your loss.

Back