loop multi 696-4

buttchinbart

buttchinbart

Been playing with idea of getting a 6-7 weight lately. Found what seems like a good deal on these rods recently but I don't have much experience with them. I have fished with some of there models when I was in Europe years ago but those were the older models I think. Nice rods at the time. They were color coded, if I remember correctly..... black, yellow, blue or something. Rod will be used for mid sized streamers for trout and small mouth. Anyone fish with the multi series or have any up to date experience with Loop in general?

The only experience I have with Loop is their reels, as I own a pair of EvoTec G3's. While that's admittedly not nearly as applicable as experience with the rods, I will say that both of those reels are absolute top-notch, and among the finest pieces of gear I own.

Those reels are on sale also.

http://www.lelandfly.com/On-Sale/Reel-Sale/

buttchi - I have several LOOP rods in 3 to 5 weights, and I find them very trout able.

I bought this rod a couple months ago with the intention of having a dedicated streamer rod for Lackawanna River browns. The price ($150)was too good to pass up for a Loop.

I've yet to fish it on the Lack but today I did my annual Memorial Day tradition of getting the old row boat out and fish for bluegills. I brought the Loop along just to test it out.

I used SA GPX and was mostly casting foam spiders and a nymph rig(no streamers). I think I was casting farther with this rod than any other rod I own. It really likes GPX. I also have a spool with a sink tip line for it but didn't test it.

I caught a bonus smallie that had to weigh 4 lbs at least. The rod handled it beautifully.

I still need to test it on the Lack with sink tip and streamers for trophy browns. Maybe next weekend.

should work just fine, I'm throwing a 11' 3wt. with a shooting head system and streamers. going to hit pine today after the thunder storms. floating running line and a 12 heavy sink head with weighted streamers.

Back