Loomis NRX Rods

Xp, Zaxis, Hydros Helioss > Nrx! jus saying

I know the new Elites are amazingly light, even with wood reel seat inserts, versus carbon fiber seats typically seen on rods that are seeking light weight nirvana.

Alpa. Shut it. You have not touched a NRX and you know you want to.

I'll try not to sound like a St.Croix pimp but the entire line-up of St.Croix blanks are fantastic. Even the ones made in Mexico :-(

The higher level blanks SCIII and above are all made in Park Falls. They are well designed, well constructed, and St.Croix offers fantastic warranty and customer service.

Nothing can be taken away from Sage blanks. I have built a few on the Z-axis line and they have been nothing but quality. One thing that Sage has going for them is that they are a FLY rod company. Their entire focus is on the design of fly rod blanks so they don't get distracted from time to time like some of the multi-technique companies do.

There are so many good blanks on the market today for all pricing levels that we could go on and on for pages.

I am very glad to hear all this positivity about the St Croix Legand Elite and Ultras as I have one to three of them coming my way. I notice quite a bit of weight difference between the Elite and Ultra series. Are the Elites blanks that much lighter or is likely hardware?

Edit: These are factory rods I am speaking of.

WOW! Sage and St Croix for me. Quality and great service.

I'll second that! G. Loomis is not G.Loomis with the company founder out of the picture!

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I'll second that! G. Loomis is not G.Loomis with the company founder out of the picture!

Yeah he is over with the Temple Forks fella's building killer sticks for them!

Really! I'm surprised I figured he would have given that stuff up and just retired.Thanks for the info.

Gary Loomis has started his own rod, actually rod blank company. They are just getting up and running. Here is the site:

http://www.northforkcomposites.com/about.html

Back