Looking for fishing bud

Shimedog

Shimedog

Hey folks.

Probably one of the younger guys on here, I’m about to go back to college in a few days and hoping to get into a few more fish before I hang up the gear for a bit. Also slightly newer to the sport and was looking to soak up some knowledge from the more experienced guys. Was maybe hoping someone in the SEPA area would be interested in getting together and fishing some morning. Thanks

Here’s a pic of me with the best fish I’ve got so far. Looking to get onto another guy like this!

Attachments

• 02B19421-CD2C-47A5-AA68-0DE89B22E9A5.jpeg
    02B19421-CD2C-47A5-AA68-0DE89B22E9A5.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 97
  • A5252E9A-4275-43C2-A0FF-A69A7F9A2666.jpeg
    A5252E9A-4275-43C2-A0FF-A69A7F9A2666.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 90
Where do you live? Are you going to be in college in SEPA or is that your residence before you leave for college? If that is the case, where do you go to college?

Where do you live? Are you going to be in college in SEPA or is that your residence before you leave for college? If that is the case, where do you go to college?
I live in the Pottstown area. I will be in the SEPA area as well during school, just hard to get out during school. I just have to plan it, no more impromptu trips.

I live in the Pottstown area. I will be in the SEPA area as well during school, just hard to get out during school. I just have to plan it, no more impromptu trips.
Well, I am pretty much never in SEPA so I won't really be able to fish with you. Sorry bud.

Hey folks.

Probably one of the younger guys on here, I’m about to go back to college in a few days and hoping to get into a few more fish before I hang up the gear for a bit. Also slightly newer to the sport and was looking to soak up some knowledge from the more experienced guys. Was maybe hoping someone in the SEPA area would be interested in getting together and fishing some morning. Thanks

Here’s a pic of me with the best fish I’ve got so far. Looking to get onto another guy like this!
Fellow younger guy here. I am 23 and a recent Penn State College of Ag graduate who works in the environmental field. I live downtown Lancaster City and drive up near the State College area weekly/biweekly to fish when I am not at work. I also have been getting into smallies this year and like to go on the Susky and tribs. I tie all of my own leaders, flies, etc. and I could definitely help out a bit and do some fishing. I become better myself when I fish/teach others too. Where do you go to school and do you have free time on weekends?

Fellow younger guy here. I am 23 and a recent Penn State College of Ag graduate who works in the environmental field. I live downtown Lancaster City and drive up near the State College area weekly/biweekly to fish when I am not at work. I also have been getting into smallies this year and like to go on the Susky and tribs. I tie all of my own leaders, flies, etc. and I could definitely help out a bit and do some fishing. I become better myself when I fish/teach others too. Where do you go to school and do you have free time on weekends?
That’s a sweet gig brother. I go to ursinus college. Practically polar opposite of penn state but it works for my interests. Yes I do have availability on the weekends but I have to get the gear and what not in order so it’s going to have to be a more planned event than I’m used to.

Recently I purchased a 3wt and also entered my new money draining hole of fly tying.

I’d love to get together and learn a thing or two. Shoot me a message.

I’m in Chester county, work in collegeville if you want to hit French creek sometime let me know!

go to the spring jam - great place to meet people that fish.

I’m in Chester county, work in collegeville if you want to hit French creek sometime let me know!
Awesome. I know a couple really nice spots, especially for my favorite hatch of the spring, the sulphur. Surprisingly even French creek produces a good amount and those trout are not too picky. Nice if you’re looking to go and grab a few after work.

If you want to venture out and try some other creeks, give me a shout, I’m also looking for new waters.

go to the spring jam - great place to meet people that fish.
Unfortunately, I am moving into school this weekend. Such a shame, was actually considering taking the hike up there until I realized it was at the same time. Next year!

Unfortunately, I am moving into school this weekend. Such a shame, was actually considering taking the hike up there until I realized it was at the same time. Next year!
The Spring Jam happens in Spring at the 7mtns campground. He's not referring to what's happening at my place this weekend. The spring jam is usually in late May.

The Spring Jam happens in Spring at the 7mtns campground. He's not referring to what's happening at my place this weekend. The spring jam is usually in late May.
Ah I misread. If Im free and clear I’ll definitely try to get out and about and meet some of you folks.

That’s a sweet gig brother. I go to ursinus college. Practically polar opposite of penn state but it works for my interests. Yes I do have availability on the weekends but I have to get the gear and what not in order so it’s going to have to be a more planned event than I’m used to.

Recently I purchased a 3wt and also entered my new money draining hole of fly tying.

I’d love to get together and learn a thing or two. Shoot me a message.
Follow me on instagram @jshaft7 so I can message you it will be easier for me to coordinate from there

I'm in a similar boat. Originally from Michigan where I grew up fishing and learning to fly fish, but I just graduated from Drexel and took a job in the city. Get out as much as I can but still explorring the PA waters and finding people to fish with out here. Feel free to shoot me a message or like Shaefer406 said follow me on IG at @ryangenord19.

The hardest thing for me over the past year or so (other than finding the time between work and family obligations) has been the intimidation of finding places to explore for fishing. I have made a few friends from this site who have been really helpful in providing advice, telling me about some streams to explore, etc. But I have to admit that I’m not the type of person who is particularly comfortable with exploring new water on my own, mostly because I just don‘t know where to park, where to hike, where to enter streams, etc. I know some folks are naturally comfortable with exploring on their own, and that‘s awesome. But it‘s just not me. That is why finding some fishing buddies is really key to enjoying the experience.

I live a stones throw from French creek. Give me a shout if you want to fish sometime.

Newbie here too, located in Philly. Been over to the tully, the wiss and may take a run up to the poho this week or next. Most likely early on a weekday. Always looking for a buddy to join as i’m new to the sport and loving every minute, even the days when my catch count is low. Being out of the city and on the water makes me happy. So glad I found this page! Look forward to talking to/meeting/fishing w you guys!

I live just outside of Pottstown, and probably wouldn't be able to fish with you but I could give you a few spots with bigger trout and other people who fly fish. French creek has good fly fishing at certain spots, others arent so great.

Back