looking for a new vise (on a budget)

Check out the Anvil vises. They're well within your price range, come with a lifetime gurantee and are made in the US of A.

Peak rotary. I bought one last fall after doing a lot of looking and absolutely love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a vise under $200.

I'm another advocate of the Peak, been pleased with mine thus far. I've got maybe 3-4 years on it.

You have plenty of good options for under $200. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

i have a renzetti traveler and after a few years of heavy tying the o ring snapped due to dry rot. i used (and still do) one of my daughters ponytail holders doubled over and it works fine.
i bought a regal 3 years ago and now rarely use the renzetti. when tying different size flies i just didn't like adjusting the little knob every time. that may not be an issue with the new "cam" on the hook holder.
the renzetti is an armored fighting vehicle, but the regal is a tank!
my opinion owning them both
gut

I checked out the Griffin Blackfoot Mongoose, and Montana Mongoose last time I was at the shop. They are both really nice, all tool steel and lifetime warranty. The Montana has really nice cam jaws, but it is kind of expensive. The Blackfoot is pretty much the same, just without the cam jaws, it is a great value at 150 bucks, and when the time comes, I will probably buy one. If you want a cheap vice to just get the job done its hard to beat some of the cheap, non rotary Griffins. I have the 1A with the pedestal, for 58 bucks it has served me very well.

Back