Looking for a great Day Trip

JVenezia

JVenezia

Going to spend my birthday out fishing and I am looking for suggestions for places to go. Willing to travel up to 50 miles from Lancaster. Looking for great fishing and great scenery. Looking for one of those places I shouldn't miss this summer. Will be traveling the weekend of May 7th.

Gunpowder in MD perhaps?
Stoney or Clarks Creek in Dauphin County.

Fifty miles puts you just on the other side of Harrisburg, at least to the west.

It would help to know what kind of fishing you plan to do.

Brookies Browns rainbows

Bass?

Don't matter?

Would be fishing for Brookies Browns rainbows.
I am narrowing it down to :
Stoney Creek
Clarks Creek
Yellow Breeches
Letort Springs
and Big Spring Creek Greenway.

Any input on those would be great.

JVenezia wrote:
Any input on those would be great.

Here's my input. . .

Get in you car and go explore any of the streams on the list that forum members have provided. There are countless threads in our Stream Reports forum on these waters and plenty of information about conditions on these streams. All are excellent and you will enjoy learning your way around PA trout streams. The "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page will provide directions.

Constantly asking the forum to tell you where to fish will eventually produce diminishing results. You owe it to yourself to actually go discover some of these places.

Trust me, it's great fun exploring and putting the stream puzzle together.

^ this.... Pick a stream you think may be good and put a couple of pins on a map and try them out. There's no real secret to any of the big name streams you listed. They have a reputation for a reason. Anywhere you start on say the breeches will likely produce but some areas will be better than others. Part of the fun of my day trips is not knowing what's around the next bend.

Good advice from Dave and Hop.

From now on my standard response to these threads will be "Valley Creek."

Using your criterium I would say Clarks or stony

Or valley creek ;)

Thank you guys for all the input.

Back