LJRA clean up

nymphingmaniac

nymphingmaniac

LJRA will hold its 12th annual river bank clean-up on Saturday April 8th. Four to six people willing to wade needed.
Meet at the Spruce Creek United Methodist Church parking lot at 8:30AM. Free hot lunch provided. Come and stay and fish the rest of the day.

In addition to cleaning the river, this activity is critical for improving landowner relations.

http://www.littlejuniata.org

http://www.littlejuniata.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/LJRA-cleanup-2017.pdf

Anyone planning on attending?

Good luck to those doing the clean up!!

It's a great way to show appreciation to the land owners. I have participated several times and always felt good about doing it- always felt a good outing would come easier from lending a hand.

I started to fly fish due to the influence from my buddies in 1995 a few years after we graduated from St Vincent in Latrobe.

First learned to fly fish on the Loyalhanna, then Yellow Creek but things came together on the Little J. Went over the edge with flyfishing and fell in love with flyfishing and the J.

Recall coming back from 3 days on Penns Creek with my 2 mentors- they were headed home and I decided to stop at the Little J in the evening. Well, an indelible mark was left on me that evening that still persists to this day. I witnessed an incredible heavy sulpher spinnerfall (which I had no idea what a spinner was at the time) and caught more fish in 1 hour than 3 days at Penns. It was so great and as usual my best outings were with no one else around to witness. To this day, I still have never witnessed a spinnerfall as heavy or have had the kind of success I did that one late May evening

The J has provided me with great days in the out of doors and its peace and tranquility. Even though it's 2.5 hours away I would consider it my home water. It's much busier the last few years and I don't fish as much as I used to- it's everything I think of fly fishing.

acristickid wrote:
Good luck to those doing the clean up!!

It's a great way to show appreciation to the land owners. I have participated several times and always felt good about doing it- always felt a good outing would come easier from lending a hand.

I started to fly fish due to the influence from my buddies in 1995 a few years after we graduated from St Vincent in Latrobe.

First learned to fly fish on the Loyalhanna, then Yellow Creek but things came together on the Little J. Went over the edge with flyfishing and fell in love with flyfishing and the J.

Recall coming back from 3 days on Penns Creek with my 2 mentors- they were headed home and I decided to stop at the Little J in the evening. Well, an indelible mark was left on me that evening that still persists to this day. I witnessed an incredible heavy sulpher spinnerfall (which I had no idea what a spinner was at the time) and caught more fish in 1 hour than 3 days at Penns. It was so great and as usual my best outings were with no one else around to witness. To this day, I still have never witnessed a spinnerfall as heavy or have had the kind of success I did that one late May evening

The J has provided me with great days in the out of doors and its peace and tranquility. Even though it's 2.5 hours away I would consider it my home water. It's much busier the last few years and I don't fish as much as I used to- it's everything I think of fly fishing.

Got to love a good sulpher hatch on the J, I've had days where i get tired of catching fish, seriously, some days it just clicks

Back