Livin' the Dream...

T

tomitrout

Couple of friends have said that to me over the last few days...

Short story....met a girl...well, had already known her for years, now we're a lot closer. And my job kinda really sucked and it was time to make some moves; look for a new one there, or look for a new one here. Focussed on finding one here, and finally I did. Landed a sweet gig at a great company and it's been a hectic couple of weeks moving down 81 from Carlisle to Harrisonburg, big changes.

Finally took a 'day off' today to catch my breath and explored some water in the GW that I've ridden by countless times over the last 20ish years...good stuff.

IMG_2416-XL.jpg

IMG_2417-XL.jpg

IMG_2435-XL.jpg

IMG_2425-XL.jpg

IMG_2442-XL.jpg

I think I'm gonna like it here.

Yep - think you're gonna like it there. :)

Congrats on your new home and job Tom and best wishes to you and yours. Keep hanging out here on PAFF and keep us informed of how things are going down in VA as you live the dream.

I know where you were. I used to live in New Market, VA and actually planning a move back next year- anything from Harrisonburg to Abingdon is fair game provided it has the ground that I want. You have a TON of options around Harrisonburg. Feel free to PM if you need any info.

Dear tomitrout,

I'm glad you took the chance and found both a girl and new gig. I wish you all the best and hope that one day I find the courage and financial ability to take the woman I talked into coming to Pee-Aye back to her home place of Cow Hampshire.

Take care!

Tim Murphy :)

Congratulations!

You picked a beautiful place to set up shop, TT.

Keep posting reports and include those great pics.

Good luck.

Thanks Guys, it's been an incredible journey....been visiting the area here pretty much since college at VA Tech 25 odd years ago. So lots of connections, along with my special ladyfriend, pretty much made it a no brainer and about as easy a move as I could have imagined. Hope to get out on the water more, but still lots of dust to settle. Will keep ya'll posted, lots of fun to explore and share these new to me waters....

I admire the intestinal fortitude it takes to uproot one's life for such a move. I was recently faced with a similar decision, but decent work was/is hard to find in a tourist area. Good luck with your future.

If you like wild browns or bows, then you won’t like it. Harrisonburg is warmwater / Brooktrout vs stoked browns/rainbows.

If you like wild browns you will drive 1.5-2 hours to the nearest streams. If you like wild rainbows, there are 2 within a hours drive.

Mossy creek sucks. I’m being serious. It is not a good fishery compared to other spring creeks in the valley. Go to Beaver.

HOWEVER, your are 4 hours drive to the best freshwater and saltwater waters on the east coast. Within those drives are fantastic wineries, distilleries, and breweries.

Enjoy the traffic and shoot me a PM if you want some info. I have a google earth kmz of all done streams which is hard to find online.

Good to see your doing fine Tomitrout......
Be sure to look me up if you venture back up this way, which I'm sure you will after the last time I saw you... Remember?

Good luck - life’s an adventure.

Back