Live view streamflows

mute

mute

Does anyone know of a such site that you can view the stream? Kind of like usgs streamflow imagery? Im thinking something has to exist. Obviously not all if many streams would have it.

Funny you say that. I wanted to install a wireless web-cam hidden in the trees by my cabin to monitor the stream level - along with cameras to monitor entry points in my cabin. The streamside camera would be about 250 yards from the router. I assume that's possible?!?!? Thoughts!!

foxfire wrote:
Funny you say that. I wanted to install a wireless web-cam hidden in the trees by my cabin to monitor the stream level - along with cameras to monitor entry points in my cabin. The streamside camera would be about 250 yards from the router. I assume that's possible?!?!? Thoughts!!

Too far to reach with consumer grade equipment. How are you going to power it?

hmmmm, good point. Obviously I'm no techy!!

Can get a commercial grade extender for about $120. For powering the camera maybe a solar panel or deep cell battery with converter \ adapters. Might be easier to just run Cat6e cable through the woods lol.

I actually DID think of solar panels, though they would probably be detected and messed with.

http://unclejohn.getmyip.com:86/broadcamjpg.html?src=1&speed=1

I make it a point to find the USGS gauges when I am on a stream where they exist. Then I correlate the flow on that day with the gauge height, and with enough visits, I can get a mental view of what the stream level is, given the gauge height :)

I have used goggle maps satelite view to study contour, terrian, Etc.

At one time Salmon River, NY had one "current time" going.

The campground at Barree has one on the LJ

Sometimes I'd like to have one on Penns to see if it's muddy. But then part of the reason I fish those streams is to get away from the the pace of our modern tech oriented society.

i have heard that if you have a telephone you can call the local fly shop and they may know the height, colour etc.... :eek:P

Telephone?? No wonder I wasn't getting any answers to my smoke signals.

Stevie-B wrote:
Telephone?? No wonder I wasn't getting any answers to my smoke signals.

I saw the smoke but I figured you were just barbecuing.

Back