Live Jam Fly Swap

Bump.

Here's the original post for live fly swap for all those planning attending the Jam. See post #1 for details, but to summarize each participant trades flies at the Jam and guarantees the fly will catch a fish.

So far we have the following members signed up:

JayL – Big Bugger
Dryflyguy - Sulpher (Dry!)
Fishidiot – Signature Stonefly
David
Flipnfly – Quill body Soft Hackle (If he is able to attend)
Afishinado – Hares Ear Special
JackM - Green Drake (Piper Cub tie)

Should be fun, don’t be shy…..:oops:

I modified a radio-controlled model aircaft to resemble the green drakes on Penns. If I can get a ruling whether it is permissible in the Special Regs areas, I will be submitting it, but you will have to take turns with it.

Okay. I'm ready with about a half dozen stones. Will this be enough?

Fishidiot wrote:
Okay. I'm ready with about a half dozen stones. Will this be enough?

JayL – Big Bugger
Dryflyguy - Sulpher (Dry!)
Fishidiot – Signature Stonefly
David - D's Secret Trout Slayer?
Flipnfly – Quill body Soft Hackle (If he is able to attend)
Afishinado – Hares Ear Special
[d]JackM - Green Drake (Piper Cub tie)
[/d]

Dave,

Unless others get in on it, it looks like 6 flies + 3 more for DaveK, JackM and Mo.

Again, if anyone that's attending the jam wants to put their flies "on the line", here's are the details:

LIVE JAM FLY SWAP

He’s an idea for all those PAFFers planning to attend the jam. A live (in-person) fly swap. No tying and mailing. Just exchange the flies you tie at the jam:

Sign up on this thread anytime. No need to post the fly you wish to tie until Mid April.

The flies you tie are GUARANTEED by you to catch fish at the jam.

If there are a lot of tyers that sign-up, we will separate tyers into groups to keep the number of flies to tie at a reasonable level. Tie one fly for each person in your group, plus a fly for Dave, Pad, Mo and Jack. For example, if there are 8 tyers in your group, you would tie a dozen flies.

Give your fly to each person in your group at the jam.

If your fly fails to catch a fish for at least one member of the group, you must provide a beverage of choice (your choice) to your group members at the fire ring (and eat a little crow).

That’s it! Who’s interested in putting their “can’t miss” flies “on the line?”

Sounds like fun. I don't know if I'll even get my own tying done so I can't commit. I think anyone who shows up with extra flies to barter with can get in on the action "at the door." Of course, if you are sure you will tie, let everyone know here.

Thanks, Tom and Dave. I am so looking forward to the jamboree.

Were we going to do a time and place to swap the flies, or just on the fly (teehee)?

I will tie mine before hand if we're going to do it on friday. Otherwise, I'll tie them when I arrive.

Friday nite would probably work best. As Jack said, anyone "at the door" is welcome to get in, but posting your participation ahead of time would make things a lot easier.

Guys,

I will be there to take photographs. Please do not feel obligated to share with me. I truly enjoy and admire all your wonderful flies, especially since I really can't tie. Enjoy the time without having to go overboard.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Dave

dkile wrote:
Guys,

I will be there to take photographs.
Dave

Photographs??? No way. What happens at the jam, stays at the jam!!! :-o :lol: :pint: :pint: :pint:

I was going to offer to tie some sulphur thorax dries but I sounds like I'll also need to attach a case of beer to my fly submissions. Hmmmm.

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:
I was going to offer to tie some sulphur thorax dries but I sounds like I'll also need to attach a case of beer to my fly submissions. Hmmmm.

that sounds like my ideal fly!!!

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:

SN,

I'm bringing a pack of Kool-Aid and a jug of spring water. I'm counting on Jack to provide the ice again this year....... ;-)

Crystal Light for everyone!!

What happened to the swap? I got mods their flies, but never got together for the actual swap?
did I miss it?

David,
Thanks for the fly. I think folks were so busy fishin that the fly swap became pretty informal. I did get a fish on Afishinado's fly but I don't think anyone fished with mine. Just not the right pattern for conditions.

I guess everyone was so dazed and confused most of us never swapped.... :pint:

I totally forgot... Anyone that was to participate can remind me the next time we meet. My boxes are open.

Back