Live Jam Fly Swap

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
LIVE JAM FLY SWAP

He’s an idea for all those PAFFers planning to attend the jam. A live (in-person) fly swap. No tying and mailing. Just exchange the flies you tie at the jam:

Sign up on this thread anytime. No need to post the fly you wish to tie until Mid April.

The flies you tie are GUARANTEED by you to catch fish at the jam.

If there are a lot of tyers that sign-up, we will separate tyers into groups to keep the number of flies to tie at a reasonable level. Tie one fly for each person in your group, plus a fly for Dave, Pad, Mo and Jack. For example, if there are 8 tyers in your group, you would tie a dozen flies.

Give your fly to each person in your group at the jam.

If your fly fails to catch a fish for at least one member of the group, you must provide a beverage of choice (your choice) to your group members at the fire ring (and eat a little crow).

That’s it! Who’s interested in putting their “can’t miss” flies “on the line?”

I'm in. I'll wait to see what works, then tie a few of them at the campground. A round of walt's worms or PT soft hackles is more than likely coming to a group of you in the future.

Interesting idea.
Count me in for sulphers at that time of year

Jay,

I'm anticipating a Belgian Amber or perhaps a lighter Blonde Pilsner from you........

See the OT thread. I'm making apple jack. The pilsner is also possibility, but I'm not a huge belgian fan. I'd say something very dark or nice and hoppy. Rogue mocha porter or bells two hearted are good ideas, especially since the two hearted has a trout on the bottle.

Odds are, you will all get sly fox cans and be happy with it. :lol:

(Grinning)...

Okay, I'm in. I'll have to figure out what to tie. I have what I think is a pretty neat stonefly nymph that rides hook up and works well for me (it's a %#@*& to tie) but maybe that's what I'll submit. I'll confirm by April.
Good idea Afish.
:)

If I wind up with some "bad" flies and and the consumption of substantial quantities of "payoff"....
That fish painting on Sat nite is gonna be pretty sloppy. :-D

Actually Dave, I'm hoping to get in a group with some pretty bad tyers!!!.....

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: ;-)

that's a good idea...I'm game for it!

afishinado wrote:
Actually Dave, I'm hoping to get in a group with some pretty bad tyers!!!.....

I guess you can count me out for this swap ;-)

I just won't tie up my articulated sex dungeons than :p
Tweed I have some Yank's Assassins tied up for you by the way. :-D

Okay, so far we have:

JayL
Dryflyguy - Sulpher (Dry!)
Fishidiot
David
Afishinado

Just a thought. I'm not interested in committing to tie, but I can see myself wishing to trade flies with others. If you can't commit to the formal groupings, there is no reason everyone can't bring their flies out and try to trade some they have too many of for others they have too few. In other words, why not also invite all attendees to feel free to bring flies to swap, much in the vein of the equipment swaps from Jam's past?

JackM wrote:
Just a thought. I'm not interested in committing to tie, but I can see myself wishing to trade flies with others. If you can't commit to the formal groupings, there is no reason everyone can't bring their flies out and try to trade some they have too many of for others they have too few. In other words, why not also invite all attendees to feel free to bring flies to swap, much in the vein of the equipment swaps from Jam's past?

Jack,

Afraid you might have to spring for some beverages?! You know Jack, your beverage of choice to the group could be a glass of water!!!

Tom, I won't tie enough for myself, so I'm not going to try to tie for the swap. I also can't guaranty I can catch fish with my own flies, so I am not going to trust a bunch of amateurs like the rest of you to do so. Anyhow, if you run low on beer and need a drink, come see me. But don't ask me for any ice.

JackM wrote
But don't ask me for any ice.

Bourbon or beer he'll share, but not ice!

I have a funny feeling there will be plenty of ice this year....

im not sure if i can make it to the jam but if i can make it im in ofcourse ill hvae to do some research on the streams but im thinking a quill bodied bead thorax soft hackle that is a failsafe for me

I am tying the monster size 2 bugger that worked for me and others on penns today.

A stonefly nymph will be what I'm contributing....

Attachments

• JAMStonefly.jpg
    JAMStonefly.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 6
Back