Little Shenango Access

fishingnoob

fishingnoob

Hey guys. So seeing as I live in Greenville and having not really fished the Little Shenango to much, I figured I would scope it out today prior to this weeks stocking for access points. So here goes.

The first 3 photos are of the stream by access of Williamson Road. This was an awesome spot with a nice dam under the road bridge and an iron bridge that goes over the stream. Well at least it WAS awesome. Apparently its private property owned by the guy who lives by the stream (you can see his house in the picture of the dam). His name was Josh and he came across the bridge and gave me an ear full. I of course apologized and gave my reason for being there. We did chat for a little and he gave me info on the Werner Road access which is seen in the next 6 pictures, I was slightly irritated though because there we no "no trespassing" signs anywhere in site. This story however continues.

I then went to the Werner Road access which has a nice pull off up to the stream and isn't on private property. This was a nice stretch of stream with plenty of holes. I did take out the rod and try a few casts just to get an idea of good places to position in the stream. I then ran into another guy whos name I can't recall who was setting beaver traps around the stream. He said he helps with the stockings and said that they stock at the Williamson Road, Werner Road, and College Ave crossings. I did mention my situation at Williamson Road and he told me not to pay any attention to it, that the property is owned by the railroad and that Josh acts like he owns the whole stream. That being said, it's not worth the trouble since there is plenty of stream to fish. Just wanting to give the rest of you a heads up.

I also took the time to snap a nice pic of my Ichthus fly reel complements of ryflyguy and risenfly.com

anywho enjoy the pictures and cyas on the water.

Attachments

• Little S 8.jpg
    Little S 8.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Little S 9.jpg
    Little S 9.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 22
  • Little S 10.jpg
    Little S 10.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20
  • Little S 1.jpg
    Little S 1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Little S 2.jpg
    Little S 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Little S 3.jpg
    Little S 3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 25
  • little S 4.jpg
    little S 4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Little S 5.jpg
    Little S 5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Little S 6.jpg
    Little S 6.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Ichthus reel.jpg
    Ichthus reel.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 23
Sorry. I didn't realize till now that I wasn't specific to the streams location. It is the Little Shenango River in Mercer County

good scouting mission. This is the right time of year to do those sort of things. You can see any changes to the streams you frequent, or check out some new sections.

btw, that reel looks mighty nice on that rod!

Another place to check out on the Little Shenango is behind Arbys.
You should be able to get in there and could fish all the way down to the College ave. bridge. I live and work in Greenville and have very rarely ever fly fished the Little Shenango. I seem to spend most of my fishing time on Oil Creek. It's an hour drive but worth it to me. Two DHALO areas and usually a lot of hold over fish.

Back