little schuylkill

mutzinbaugh

mutzinbaugh

would anyone want to share info on this one? I drove across it a couple of days ago and thought about checking it out this fall....

has some good water, stocked and otherwise. worth a stop if you ask me.

Falll fishing is pretty good there, from the mouth to Ginther, above Ginther it polluted with Mine Drainage. Some of this is stocked water but much of it isn't stocked but holds wild fish. Lower down there is a mix of WW fish and trout, North of rt. 895 it's almost all trout. Not much in the way of hatches, but there are more bugs now then 20 years ago.

I only ever fished the lower end, up above Port Clinton in the summer months and it has some nice water. Caught some decent smallies and big fallfish .... No trout even though I think it is stocked there. I always wanted to explore it above New Ringgold for trout but I have never had the time to check it out yet. Fall season ........ Wild trout ..... Might be worth a look!

You will find wild trout of numbers or sizes large enough to make fishing worthwhile from Reynolds to the confluence of Neifert Creek.

Mike wrote:
You will find wild trout of numbers or sizes large enough to make fishing worthwhile from Reynolds to the confluence of Neifert Creek.
Where's Reynolds?

Between South Tamaqua and New Ringgold roughly.

Back