Little Pine State Park

bdfish

bdfish

Just got back from a week long camping trip at Little Pine State Park. Fished the stream in the campground daily with my son for sun fish and small bass. Also fished the lake and son caught some catfish, bass and bluegill with worms and spinning gear. Took the fly rod down stream from the camp ground and fished a nice little run. Pulled 3 nice rainbows all around 14 inches. Beautiful fish, dark upper, dark spots and really pretty. Also hooked what i believe was a big brown in the same run but he got off before i got to see much of him. Just a yellow flash. I am assuming they were stocked but were much prettier than any stockers i usually see. Does anyone know if this small stream can keep holdovers for long?

Also saw two black phase timber rattlers. One about 2-3 feet. The other about 3-4 feet.

Beautiful spot up there. I used to stay for a week when I was a kid (my spring break) in English Center. Got my first trout on the dry at 11 or 12 years old on the Little Pine, so I still think of it fondly. All the tribs around there have populations of wild brookies and browns, so I am sure they get in the Little Pine, especially the ones that outgrow the tribs. Thanks for the post! I need to get back out there.

My favorite State Park in PA. Caught my biggest trout to date, a stocked golden rainbow right behind the beer joint in English Center...

There are more nice creeks within driving distance of LPSP than anywhere that I know of...

It's 96 deg w/ a heat index of 108 here today. What I wouldn't give to be wading Little Pine...

During my annual memorial day trip to PA, we always fish Little Pine Creek. It is such a beautiful area. This year my brother was fishing downstream from a log when a big bobcat walked across the log. When the cat saw my brother, it turned and in one leap was off the log and back into the woods. Also, he saw a bald eagle. The next morning my wife and I witnessed four deer swimming across the stream. When you see stuff like this, it doesn't matter if you are catching fish. Once again, it was a great weekend/trip.

The wildlife is always great up there. We go every year but i really don't go out to target trout due to the typical family vacation stuff. The eagles have been at the lake for the last couple of years that we have been going. This year, while canoeing and kayaking on the lake, it flew right over us a few times. Last week i saw a couple of deer, too many skunks, a fisher and about 8 snakes. Mostly watersnakes but the two rattlers were in the campground. I had to shoe one off from coming toward our yurt. The other, i told the ranger and he got it and moved it out of the campground.

Last time I fished (and it was a few years back) I was talking to the only other angler I encountered when a loud splashing caught my attention. Turned around and a sizable black bear crossed at a casual pace. Couldn't get the camera out of my wader pocket fast enough, but it was still a memorable moment.

Little pine is in a beautiful area lots of nice water up towards English center as well

The problem I have when we come back Memorial Day weekend is there is not enough time to fish all the water we want to fish, which is a great problem... We turned a three day weekend into a five day weekend. Next year we may make it a week plus. Every time my wife and I go, we talk about spending the Month of May there when we retire.... I have fished several places out west - Colorado and Montana - and they are great, but so is NC PA. They are two different types of greatness.

One of my favorite parks to go to. My wife and I go to Little Pine every year. Have had luck with the lake , Little Pine Creek and Pine creek. with fishing. Also have seen A few bald eagles at the lake. Last year we got to watch an eagle dive down and grab A fish right out of the water. What A sight that was. Little Pine is one of those places that you just want to come back to over and over.

is it spot burning to say that I really like the tent only site in the northeast corner of the campground?

How is the water temp in little pine?

Back