Little Lehigh

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

Hello all!
Im reasonably new to fly fishing and not from the lehigh valley area.(indiana county) I am determined to get the hang of this sport and will be visiting the Little Lehigh after work everyday until I feel confident in my skills. My question to you fine folks is who wants to join me. I would enjoy picking your brains on the stream or just watch and learn.

Regardless, if anyone would like to meet up, i usually park at the heritage fly shop and go from there. I WILL fool these fish, its just a matter of how long it takes...

Jim

J55, I don't often fish the LL, but sometimes. I do fish other local streams which are close to Quakertown. I am always willing to help new guys. Do you tie flys as well? If so I have a few guys I am teaching to tie. 2 of them are from Quakertown. If interested let me know. No charge, I just love to tie and like to teach.

GenCon

I am trying to tie some "flies" But am having some trouble. My wooly buggers like like a turd wrapped in hair with a feather stickin out the back. I'm down for some bucks county fishing. Where do u go? I did some fishing on the Perkiomen. No trout but still fun.

J55 pm sent.

GenCon

J55tyger88 wrote:
i usually park at the heritage fly shop and go from there. I WILL fool these fish, its just a matter of how long it takes...
Jim

Hi Jim,
In the event you didn't already know, we just had a beginner's seminar at the LL recently (it can be seen on the home page blog). There are many from the PAFF community who fish the LL. Keep an eye on this thread but also the Events and Meet Up forum for info on the next get-togethers on or near the LL.

Ive seen events posted but have missed the opportunities. Well yesterday afternoon i fished a flat upstream from the fly shop and hooked into a trout on my olive WB. Lost him and when he spit my hook he snagged me! Had lots of follows but seems like they get up to my fly and turn away. Lotta action on the "swing"(?) part of drift. I feel im gonna scope in on these fish soon.

Another question bout LL and specifically Al's rat, should i fish it like a dry fly on/in film? Heard great things about this fly but can barely tie it on my line let alone fish it. Thanks in advance.

May be up there on Sunday ... don't know if I would take my advice :lol: but always up to meeting up with a fellow(s) FF. I'll should have an idea if I am going tomorrow so I'll let you, or anyone else who wants to meetup

///Any other recommendations on places to hit w/in 60 mins of Philly that isn't Valley Creek?

Stagger, I am going to Bushkill Creek in Easton on Tues. afternoon.

GenCon

Wen are you going to be there?

Chaz .. I think tomorrow arnd 12ish give or take. You, or anyone else let me know and I'll look for you.

Maybe paying it forward for the 1st time if my buddy decides to join .. god help him with my advice :lol:

GCon .. thanks for invite but have to work on tues. Things may change and I might sneek out ill post or pm if that happens ... think i have ur email, right?

Gencon, id like to check out bushkill on thursday!

Anyone else, im taking friday off and plan on hittin up the LL if anyone would like to meet up.

Back