Little Lehigh After Rain

FlyGuy9

FlyGuy9

A few years ago, when I was learning to fly fish, I caught my first ever trout on a fly. It was on a wooly bugger, at the LL heritage section. It was a 14 inch wild brown. I have been to the LL numerous times since then, having much luck with nymphs but none with streamers. The Little Lehigh holds some big fish. I was wondering if anyone ever had luck tossing streamers after a rain there. It works for me at Valley Creek. I may be heading to the LL or Valley tomorrow.
Thanks

It works, FlyGuy. I caught a 14 at Valley today on a big olive bugger and a dozen little guys on a small black bugger and a purple pt deep. Valley will be back to normal by tonight, so LL may be stained up longer. I have done the same thing there, though more rainbow seem to be in the heritage section these days...

I have found the same to be true with the rainbows. I know the wild browns are there But i guess the bows more willing to play. Most of the bows I have caught almost Look wild. I know they were stocked or hatchery escapees ar on point. But the ones I have caught there have beautiful colors and good fins.

Back