Little J

salmo

salmo

I'm planning a trip to the Little J at the very end of April. I didn't realize it was south and west of State College. I'm looking for a cabin rental. Is Heston a good location? How far from Hesston to Spring Creek? What other creeks are in the area? Any brookie streams nearby? Thanks for any input as always. PMs are invited.

salmo wrote:
I'm planning a trip to the Little J at the very end of April. I didn't realize it was south and west of State College. I'm looking for a cabin rental. Is Heston a good location? How far from Hesston to Spring Creek? What other creeks are in the area? Any brookie streams nearby? Thanks for any input as always. PMs are invited.

Hesston would be better if you wished to explore Raystown Lake.

If you're seeking to hit the Little Juniata with a possible trip to Spring Creek, look further north at points closer to State College. For a cabin, think around Spruce Creek (which is on the little J) or up around Pine Grove Mills which is between the LJ and Spring Cr. Depending on where exactly you're planning to fish, the distance between the LJ and Spring Creek is about an hour.

There is a vast section of mountains between the LJ and State College with much of it part of Rothrock State Forest where you can explore many small streams for brookies.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Salmo,

At Stone Valley Recreational Area (Lake Perez) the are 11 cabins available for rent. This area is off State Route 26, northern part of Huntingdon county. The area is close to Penn State, Little J, Spruce and Spring and not far from Penns. You can call the following number for cabin availability and rates (814-863-1164). This recreational area is run by Penn State.

Thanks Dale, but I was hoping to have a facility that had water inside and a kitchen. My other option may be a bed and breakfast.

I have stayed here and would highly recommend. Great location, great host and place is spotless.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17293381?location=Birmingham%20pa%20&checkout=&adults=1&children=0&infants=0&check_in=2018-02-25&s=7V11k9ZB

Back