Little J Good Experience

Camp

Camp

Fished the Little J this morning and did pretty well catching a couple and missing twice that. I met another angler who had a very productive morning and offered me a fly he was using.

I tried the offering and, with fish popping the surface all around me, after about about a dozen casts finally had a voracious take which was immediately broken off.

Thanks to that angler for sharing that fly. Yes it was certainly working. Great to experience such good sportsmanship on the water.

What were they taking sulphur duns

caddis emergers and CET emerger.

What does CET stand for?

pattern, instructions and tying video on LJRA website

The river fished very well all weekend. Really hated to leave...

Boy glad you guys had success. I fished hard Friday and Saturday and struggled. I mainly fished the lower section and did hear it fished better up by Spruce Creek.

I fished just downstream of the Barree gorge. Fish were all over sulphur duns Friday afternoon when I arrived. ( I fished Spring Creek in the morning).

I arrived earlier on Saturday (sometime around 10:00). I was able to dredge a few up on nymphs and swing a few out on caddis emergers. By around noon I found enough sporadic risers to make things fun until I had to leave at 3:00.

Most of the fish I hooked treated me with nice strong fights.

Back