Little J and Fishing Creek update?

S

SloughCreek13

Hi, I'm new here, but I recognize some names from other boards. I'm thinking of driving up from Virginia for a short overnight tomorrow and Monday and hoping to fish the Little J and Fishing Creek. I was wondering what sort of condition they are in at that moment as I saw they received some recent rain. Also, would you guys mind suggesting a few access points on either stream? Emails are welcome. Thanks a lot.

Weston

the little j is muddy but not real high and fishing creek is fishing well drakes are hatching and so are sulphurs i would try fish fishing creek way before the little j but since the drakes are hatching i would expect a crowd for more info try www.sprucecreekflyco.com

The Little J got some rain (a good thing). It was muddy today but some trout were still rising. By tommorrow it should be in real nice condition. I'd pick the Little J over Fishing Creek because the Green Drake hatch on Fishing Creek is crowded beyond belief. 8 guys one pool. And often few trout are caught anyway.
On the Little J you will have more room and will probably catch more fish. Sulphurs, Cahills, and Slate Drakes.

Back