Little Cree Wet

NJTroutbum

NJTroutbum

Little%2BCree%2BWet.JPG

The Little Cree Wet is one of my most consistent wet fly patterns, tied originally for Huntingdon Creek a number of years ago. It got its name from the hackle used, a JV Hen neck from Clearwater Hackle's predecessor "Conranch Hackle", in Cree. It has since done well on most all waters I wade. Fished in the film on a greased tipped, this little wet does the trick.

For a full tying video and recipe, click on the link below:

Tying the Little Cree Wet Video

where do you source the Fiery Brown turkey biot?

I have goose from Orvis and Turkey from TCO

Probably should have checked since some of my biots are almost 10yrs old. I no longer see Fiery Brown as a color option either? However, I have TCO Turkey Biots in March Brown that are about as close as it gets.

Reminds me of a pattern I used back in the day during the Hendrickson hatch. Mine lacked the flash, but was quite effective. I'm going to have to tie some before hitting Harman's in a couple of weeks.

I looked through my stash, about ten years old, but no Fiery Brown or March Brown. I do see Orvis has March Brown. Maybe I'll pick some up.How close is it to Chestnut Brown?

Chedtnut brown would work...just a tad darker.

I'll have to tie some up this weekend. I have a Collins Cree neck I got at one of the shows that will work great for these.

Good luck with the pattern. Hope to hear it does well for you.

Ralph

I do enjoy your videos. They often inspire me to try one of the patterns or sometimes give me an idea to try on another pattern.

Keep em coming.

Back