Lightwieght wading boots, summer or winter

hunter1

hunter1

Question, Do you prefer a lightweight wading boot for summer or a little heavier boot , or vise versa. My patagonias are a little heavier than my LL bean light 's. I was thinking the heaveir boot for winter conditions. Thanks.

I don't for Winter/Summer. I find the bootie on your waders and the socks you wear make a bigger difference at keeping your feet warm than the boot.

I do use a different pair of boots based on the stream I'm fishing though. For bigger water, where I'm hiking less, in the water most of the day, and covering less ground, I wear heavier, sturdier wading boots. For small streams where I'm hiking out of the water as much, or more than I'm fishing, I wear a lighter more hiking oriented pair.

Since the same rocks, tripping hazards and desire for good footwear exist year round, I wear the same wading shoes year round, which also includes wet wading 80% of the time.

Just the fact I am not wearing extra layers and other heavy clothing in the warm months is "lightening up" enough for me.

Thanks guys, It's basicly what I do. Small streams ,Hiking, lighter boots. Big streams , rivers, less walking.Heavy weight boots.

Main thing for me - I like a larger boot for fishing in the cold.
More room for thicker socks, usually including a liner sock

Winter boots r larger to allow thicker sox.
I walk a LOT, fish 12 mos/yr...
random rotation of 3-4 pair
Simms felt, Simms Vibram, LL Bean, Redington
oddly...."lightweight" boots give me impression I am sacrificing durability, so I pretty much avoid them as an option.

Back