Light at the end of the tunnel....

brookieaddict

brookieaddict

... or cabin fever broken in a heat wave !!!!!. Yes for all those poor schmucks who live in the s.e. pa snow belt we have a repreive!!!!! The fishing gods have bestowed upon us a warm window where iced over streams will thaw and let us fish yes fish in liquid water its a miracle!!!!! Tully here i come.

When the ice and snow melt, not only will the streams rise significantly, but the water will cool as well. Not to mention the wind and road salt.

hqdefault.jpg

Jack, unless it rains too, and it's not supposed to, the rise will be gradual. When streams are frozen over they are at their lowest temperature for the most part. But the trout will be in their refuges until the water warms, or when they are feeding in sunny areas of streams.
It when a stream is between 32 and 40 that melting snow and ice have a bigger impact. I suspect that streams are already loosing the ice.

Chaz, your sense of humor called and said it misses you.

Huh?

Nay sayers, you poor down troden cave men. I am gonna lose some flys on the 2000 cfps torrent of water,ice and whatnot but, will return home satisfied that the fire that burns inside of me is not heartburn. I am a Trout Bum

I would go out. My post was a joke/parody. Just pointing out that we are all emotionally invested in this warming trend and that there are two sides to the story.

Don't forget daylight savings time on Sunday! Another hour of daylight after work is pretty awesome. Time to start bringing my gear with me in the mornings.

my only decision is the tully or the gunpowder

No worries JackM, humor is always the best medicine.

It's with great sadness that today I will pack my ice fishing gear away and become a fishing recluse for the next few weeks of awkward weather. Thankfully two weeks of cabin fever is a piece of cake and should be just enough time to prepare all my fly fishing needs. Diversity is a wonderful thing.

Back