lick run farrandsville pa.

WILDBROOKIE wrote:
stream needs amd mediation work to recover fully, nature slowly takes its time to give back i know live here and in the 70's there were no fish

Where does AMD (acid mine drainage) come into Lick Run?

There is sign of old mining activity way up near Haneyville, but it does not appear to be sizable. I am not aware of any AMD issuess on Lick Run. With the predominant sandstone geology along both mountain tops, the watershed has relatively little buffering capacity and is susceptible to impacts from acid rain. However, there are other watersheds that exhibit much greater impact from acid rain.

WILDBROOKIE wrote:
stream needs amd mediation work to recover fully, nature slowly takes its time to give back i know live here and in the 70's there were no fish

No AMD that I know of effecting this stream. I even remember when I was younger they stocked that stream I believe.

I fished this one several times. Lots of dead water so you need to keep moving and cover a lot of area to find fish. There aren't many in there, and I wouldn't recommend it to someone as a primary destination. It is scenic and all that with the occasional 12-13" wild brown, but shoot, if you are up this far, you have way better places to hit in the area.

I've fished Lick Run numerous times in the past, even mentioned it here before. It's a beautifully remote stream, but the fishing leaves a lot to be desired. They certainly are there, but I've never encountered any rattlers, just bears. Some big one's!

PAFF Math 101

Rattlers + Bears - Trout = Hidden Gem. ;-)

snakes only harm you if the bite you and you need to be within strike distance. see one walk around it and you'll be fine.
most streams in the northern tier got them.

Back