lick run farrandsville pa.

M

maxima12

You have to be an old timer to have fished this jewel. Not much spoken on this one. Won't find it on the books. Some have heard of Lick Run, most have never fished it. A challenge for the best.

Last time I fished it years ago, had some great luck. Told a co-worker about the good time. Co-worker went to fish it a week later. Walked in, before he dropped a line, was confronted by a rattlesnake. Decided to leave and saw 2 more.

I was lucky, never did see many rattlers. But I wasn't looking.

Lick run is a noted rattler hotbed. Wear hip boots. And watch out for the one's off the ground.

Farrandsville pa. about 5-6 miles above Lock Haven. Cross the river at Lock Haven and take a left. Beautiful trout.

not sure if still working on bridge. check out first. You could call Uncle Joes Woodshed and ask for sporting goods dept. They should know.

By the way, If ever in Lock Haven, check out the woodshed sport dept.

Always was a favorite of mine.

Spot burn...

Spot burn...

Sure, but it gives the frustrated Upper Delaware anglers somewhere to overrun. :roll:

tons of rattlesnakes, stay away there are no fish there anyway...

It is listed in Landis' Trout Streams of PA book.

Well, then we eat rattlesnake for lunch and use the skin as a headband.

there are fish.

Quick suggestion Maxima....
Make the topic "Fish here" and then simply post the GPS coordinates as your first post.

Krayfish, are not the trout for everyone to enjoy. I guess if I owned it, I would post and patrol it and keep it for myself. and all the pleasure would be mine. hope I can take all that pleasure with me.

now trust me, if I had a gps, I would tell all where the giants lurk. maybe time for a gps.

That has probably been my downfall my whole life. I have shared too much.

I always figured there was enough room on a stream for many, not just 1.

Doesn't bother me because the fish are for everyone to share. Others won't be as understanding if you bring up a low pressured fishery that they enjoy going to. Just sayin

Half the people that go there will die from a rattlesnake bite, therefore reducing the spot burn crowd in half on their 1st visit.

The other half will litter and abuse the land and force it to be posted by local landowners.

After a year, nobody will fish it anymore and Maxima will have it all to himself since he is friends with all of the landowners.

With age comes wisdom.

I hadn't even considered that angle. It is brilliant though.

I will open a roadside stand selling rattlesnake bite kits and make a killing this year. Think outside of the box.

krayfish2 wrote:

I will open a roadside stand selling rattlesnake bite kits and make a killing this year. Think outside of the box.

In that watershed, you'll need to clear and grade a road first. Make sure you factor that into your cost side analysis for this venture.

In all seriousness, this stream always looked appetizing on the maps given its remoteness, but everything I've ever read or heard (before this), indicated the fishing was garbage, for how remote it is. Who's bluffing?

Precisely. During the gold rush of 1849 in CA, thousands upon thousands of prospectors flocked to the area to mine for gold based upon news that traveled quickly (for the time period) about gold being found in the area. Not many prospectors actually struck it rich, but those people that had the foresight to outfit these people with picks and panning pots were the one's who actually struck it rich.

Swattie87 wrote:
krayfish2 wrote:

In that watershed, you'll need to clear and grade a road first. Make sure you factor that into your cost side analysis for this venture.

In all seriousness, this stream always looked appetizing on the maps given its remoteness, but everything I've ever read or heard (before this), indicated the fishing was garbage, for how remote it is. Who's bluffing?

You hit the nail on the head...its not as good as you would think.

I just hate it when people call out a stream that is not stocked and has no special regulations at all. Just too vulnerable. Let it be a secret for the few who enjoy to venture out.

I don’t know what to believe now! I don’t mind Rattlers. I guess I gotta go now.

BIG JOHN, is right. trout are not in every hole and it is hard to fly fish. The few I took there, as far as I know, did not go back. I haven't been back in a few myself.

If you go, it's always good to have a secondary fish plan. you will be in the middle of nowhere.

But I fished it, caught some, enjoyed the beauty and never forgot.

vulnerable, not by fishermen for sure. I think we owe it to ourselves, this fishing location will not be littered by the fishermen. And if anything this fishing destination will be saved by fishermen.

Most do not know of this place, so if posted no one would care. However the people of Farrandsville are friendly, respect them and they will return the favor.

Use to buy great smoked cheese from maker in Farrandsville. A good start in friendship.

Just please, whoever goes next, wear a GoPro and tape the entire trip. Even the stops at Sheetz.

When you get to the parking lot, don't mind the sound of gunfire.

It's just an informal target range a little ways up the creek.

(Not kidding.)

stream needs amd mediation work to recover fully, nature slowly takes its time to give back i know live here and in the 70's there were no fish

Not many have heard of it?
Lmfao the assumptions with this one.

Back