Lewes, DE

GRP

GRP

Will be in Lewes, DE this weekend (Fri-Mon). Going to be experiencing my first dose of wading the saltwater and fly fishing. Hoping to fish by the CHSP pier and also from the public beach in Lewes. Any tips would be appreciated. If anyone is going to be down there this weekend and wants to get together, let me know. Thanks.

Go to the point and fish in the park area. should find some blues and flounder there. Might even get a few weaks or stripers at night.

GRP,
Surf fishing in the middle of summer isn't an ideal time but, with family vacation time being what it is, is often when folks get their first taste of salt FFing. A couple threads down, there's a recent thread in which another fella had some luck at the shore with the long rod. Anyway, low light conditions are best. Fish a moving tide up at the point as Sandfly suggests or hit a local inlet such as Roosevelt Inlet at dawn or dusk and you've got a good chance of hooking something interesting. During the day, there will likely be some schools of small bluefish around.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys. Been reading the other threads to see what others have been doing. My plan is to hit CHSP and Roosevelt Inlet at dawn/dusk. Should be moving tides then.

There is an Orvis Outlet in the middle Tangers outlet (south end) full of discounted and refurb'ed Orvis gear.

if you can fish some deep cuts use a jiggy fly or ultra shrimp for weakies

Thanks everyone. Heading down after work. Will report in when I get back.

Back