Let it rain

pcray1231 wrote:
Today is the hottest day of the year (on average). We're doing ok this summer overall.

Living in central Maryland, just below the Gettsyburgh area, we had several nice cool dry fronts hit us in June. Some of the best weather I can recall for that month. Of course hotter now and we get average highs of 89. While it seems hotter, likely more normal than I might think.

As for rainfall, we are about 1" under the average of 21" at this point in the year. We haven't gotten a lot of local storms recently. I remember as a kid in July around Philly the grass always dried up and went dormant by the end of July for many weeks. I have not seen that here for at least 12 years.

Good chart and glad to see it should generally be getting cooler going forward.

I will let it rain.

And I predict that most people will do the same.

Some information that I found.
https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/local-news/mircoburst-110-mph-winds-damage-poe-valley-state-park/

https://www.centredaily.com/news/weather-news/article252737738.html

Areas just west of Scranton got 3-4" of rain in the lest 72 hours. There's a >65% chance of heavy t-storms tonight through tomorrow. Flash flood warning from 11 AM tomorrow through 2 AM Sunday.

For a longer-tern indicator, Lackawanna Lake is out of it's banks.

This is not end-of-days stuff, but it's getting old. I'm sure it's good for future fishing, though.

For now, it's a bit too much of a good thing.

that microburst is nuts, i almost always fish for too long and get caught in heavy storms. crazy to think one might be like this

Instead of being on land experience that on the big lake. I experienced it 25 years ago when I was young and dumb.

I always check the weather from a reliable source.

It picked the boat I was in up and flooded it in seconds thank God I put a life preserver on as soon as a realized the weather was changing and started heading in.

Weather is One thing man Can Not change we can only enjoy the best weather and respect the worse.

The weather has certainly taken a turn for the wetter, as of recently. Definitely better than staying too dry.

No point in getting too worked up over rain here in PA.

On Sunday, Pine Creek from the mouth up past Slate Run was a muddy torrent. Not flooded, but up into the shrubbery.

The tribs in that area though all looked fine, and I had fair brook trout fishing on a trib of a trib of a trib.

The situation is probably similar in many other of the watersheds in the region.

BradFromPotter wrote:
We got 3.5" Sat. afternoon , early evening!

That's a lot.

You must have got more rain up around Galeton then down around Slate Run, Cammal, Waterville etc.

In that area, Pine Creek was very high and muddy, but the tribs, even larger ones like Slate Run, were at a nice level. Up some, but not real high, and running clean.

51321855222_e58c5fa566_z.jpg

Back